Within a few days, Muslims around the world will be celebrating Eid al-Fitr, the occasion that is also called the “Festival of Breaking the Fast”. Eid al-Fitr is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide that marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan in the Islamic calendar. Most Islamic nations have Eid Al-Fitr as a public holiday. It is synonymous with family, the joy of togetherness, and shopping. That’s why you need to get your business ready for eid al-fitr marketing.
Eid al-fitr in 2023 according to the Islamic calendar will fall around April 21st this year. You have time to prepare but the faster you begin the more prepared you are.
Ramadan shopping focuses on food and beverage-related needs, and while it’s still important in Eid al-Fitr, there’s a second shopping peak marked by an increase in people who shop for apparel/fashion, health and beauty, and gifts like jewelry or toys. Especially the night before the public holiday begins, in which Muslims make their final and urgent shopping to fill in their needs for Eid al-Fitr sweets, decorations, and clothes.
According to a survey conducted in selected Middle Eastern countries in February to March 2022, 26 percent of all Muslim respondents planned to shop for Eid al-Fitr in mid April 2022. The share of Muslim respondents stating they want to shop for Eid al-Fitr in February was the lowest in the UAE at a share of one percent.
With all this crowdedness, what should businesses do to get ready for the night before Eid Al-Fitr? And how will they fulfill their customers’ needs and increase their sales and loyal customer base? we will discuss all that in this article. So, let’s dive in…
The Night Before Eid Al-Fitr: get your Business ready
Eid Al-Fitr is a perfect chance for retail and restaurant owners to make more sales. Yet, all industries must get ready for the additional spending that consumers will be doing during this public holiday, businesses also should get ready to cope with the new norm and make a quick response to that.
1- Eid al-Fitr Marketing: Greetings and Wishes
You should start preparing your holiday greeting messages a week in advance. And on the night before Eid al-Fitr, you publish it on your social media pages or send it to customers via email. You can also add a discount code for your products for this special occasion and publish it with the blessed Eid al-Fitr greetings.
In case you haven’t got it ready, don’t worry! Many websites suggest and share examples of Eid al-Fitr greetings and messages with you. Many design platforms provide you with the ability to design a special Eid al-Fitr greeting card quickly, easily, and for free, such as the GoDaddy Studio.
2- Eid al-Fitr Marketing: Share your products on social media platforms
The night before Eid Al-Fitr is the night when people buy what they need to supplement Eid al-Fitr sweets, chocolates, decorations, clothes, or accessories they need to celebrate Eid al-Fitr happily. Therefore, I advise you to share your products attractively on your social media platforms, especially Facebook, where 60% search for products, offers, and new shopping ideas and gifts.
People will be unusually active during the early hours of the morning, right after suhoor and after iftar. As this is the time when your customers are relaxed and energetic enough to browse online, their online activity will increase right before the public holiday begins.
3- Eid al-Fitr Marketing: last chance offers
Offer special offers and discounts, especially for personal care and fashion products, as the demand for these categories rises, and promote it on your social media platforms.
Regarding the discounts you will offer on your online store, I suggest using the ‘Scratch coupon’ to differentiate your deals during the high-promotion season. If you need help in building Scratch cards coupon, use Coupon tools. Or use one of the extensions that WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento provide.
On the other hand, you can also use the Product Gamification technique, they are a great way to entertain your customers with fun and engaging widgets before the Islamic festival of Eid Al Fitr. Gamified elements include:
- Points or purchase-based rewards
- Social interactions and sharing
- Story and choose-your-own-adventure plots
Using the ‘Social interactions and sharing’ in your Eid al-Fitr marketing efforts will help you increase your brand awareness and increase your social media pages’ engagement rate. You can ask the user to share your product’s post and mention 5 of their friends, then reward them with a 50% discount when they complete it.
Related articles: How to start dropshipping.
4- Eid al-Fitr Marketing: Get your website or online store ready
It is important to prepare your website and online store for the night before the Islamic festival of Eid AlFitr. You have to ensure that your site is fast, easy, user-friendly, and secure, provides different payment methods and online payment gateways, and displays all products clearly and in attractive images, so you can sell your products online.
Help your customers discover products that are in demand as part of you Eid al-Fitr marketing strategy by recommending them during their purchase. Send personalized push messages on related products and special offers.
Make sure you have more than one customer service software to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty and foster a seamless agent experience.
Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team. – Lisa Masiello
Types of customer service software that you can use:
- Live chat
- Phone support
- Messaging; Like WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat, and Facebook Messenger
5- Eid al-Fitr Marketing: Hire more customer support employees
If you own a store that sells clothes, cosmetics, chocolates, sweets, etc., we recommend that you hire more customer service employees to help customers during the busy night before Eid Al-Fitr.
You will not want your store to be overcrowded so you cannot provide excellent customer service.
Remember that according to Facebook’s survey, 42% of those who filled out the survey spend less time shopping in stores during the month of Ramadan / Eid al-Fitr due to the Coronavirus and that 3X On average they’re 3x more likely to feel safer using mobile to shop, compared to in store. Therefore, make sure to advertise on your social media pages that you hired more customer service employees to help customers buy what they need quickly and keep them safe.
Eid Al-Fitr Mubarak
Whether you’re a business owner looking forward to Eid Al-Fitr to boost your sales, or a customer looking for the perfect Eid gift to share with your friends and family, Eid Mubarak.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ:
Here are some answers to the frequently asked questions:
How do you market for Eid?
Ah, the crescent moon has risen, signaling the end of Ramadan and the arrival of Eid al-Fitr! As a marketer, it’s essential to tap into the festive spirit of the Middle East and UAE to boost your business. Here are a few Eid al-Fitr marketing ideas and marketing strategies to get you started:
- Sweeten the deal: Offer special discounts on your e-commerce site during the Eid holidays. Think of it as a gift from you to your customers, like new clothes they get to flaunt at family gatherings.
- Hashtags are your BFFs: Include relevant hashtags like #Eid2023 and #EidShopping in your Eid al-Fitr marketing content to reach a wider audience. It’s like sending out a digital Eid invitation to potential customers!
- User-generated content is the new buzz: Encourage customers to share their experiences with your products during Eid celebrations. It’s like having a virtual party with your brand as the host!
- Personalize your template: Customize your Eid al-Fitr marketing campaigns with festive designs to show that your brand is in sync with the spirit of Eid. Imagine your website wearing a traditional outfit, looking fabulous!
- Mena region: Target the MENA region for your Eid al-Fitr marketing efforts, as this area is synonymous with Eid celebrations. Think of it as going to the heart of the party!
- Connect with loved ones: Encourage customers to gift your products to their family members. It’s like offering them a bouquet of digital roses!
How to market during Ramadan?
During Ramadan, marketing trends lean towards empathy and cultural sensitivity. Here are some Eid al-Fitr marketing tips to help your business thrive during this holy month:
- Respectful timing: Schedule your digital marketing content outside fasting hours. It’s like being a considerate neighbor who doesn’t play loud music during prayer time!
- Focus on giving: Highlight charitable aspects of your brand, as Ramadan is all about compassion and generosity.
- Family-centric marketing: Emphasize the importance of family in your Eid al-Fitr marketing campaigns, as Ramadan is a time for loved ones to come together. Picture your brand as the centerpiece of a cozy family iftar!
- Share the spirit: Use Ramadan-related themes and visuals in your marketing content to connect with your audience. Your brand could become the go-to option for breaking fasts!
- Promote healthy options: If you’re in the food industry, emphasize healthy meal options for iftar and suhoor. It’s like being the nutritious chef everyone appreciates during Ramadan!
- Special offers: Offer discounts exclusive to Ramadan, like a buy-one-give-one deal. It’s like sharing a meal with someone in need!