cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute horrible customer service...TWICE!

I have been a loyal GoDaddy customer for probably a decade now, and within the past week, i have received horrible customer service twice...I mean HORRIBLE! I won't even bother going into how I paid for WPPS to resolve my website issue that literally took over a week for anyone to even respond to, after being told that it would be a 72 hour turnaround. Instead, I'll talk about my recent interaction (15 minutes ago) with online customer service agent Raghunandhan.  

I was having issue with certain elements of my wordpress site being blocked and I contacted godaddy as the theme developers determined it was not an issue with the theme or the installation of said theme. For some odd reason, I was not able to access certain elements and tools to completing my site, so i contacted GoDaddy for advice.  I explained to them that unless i had VPN on, i couldn't access these elements/tools.  The representative pointed out that my ip address was causing the issue. When asked how to get around this, his solution was to sit in front of my router (or whomever router i was near; which is impossible by the way as I work in cafes and there's no router to plug into at my residence as we use wifi) and that was my only choice. 

Working in IT (not infrastructure or development) for the past 10 years, there's rarely ONLY ONE solution. I indicated to him that his solution was not viable nor very creative in attempts to provide a customer service solution, and that there must be another way as I cant use LAN. His response was, "well i told you what to do"...excuse me?! I then indicated, as i stated above, I'm pretty positive there's some other method we can try before giving up. "Nope, i gave you the solution"...then he proceeded to disconnect from the chat, offering no real interest in helping a customer find a solution. This is piss poor service and I'm appalled that at GoDaddy's representative's actions...just outright rude. 

Come to find out, all it took was to reset my ip address...that's it! How can you call yourselves experts offering one solution and then hanging up on someone when they suggest trying an alternative method; ridiculous!

So wherever Raghunandhan is and whatever call center he's located, he needs to be reprimanded and trained properly on how to converse with customers. I'm livid and although I've been with GoDaddy for quite sometime, i think from now on, I'll take my business elsewhere where individual customers are actually appreciated.

Antoine

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Absolute horrible customer service...TWICE!

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I've had a few in the past myself but it's important to remember that each one of the customer representatives are trained on the server side of things and not specifically in your chosen website building program. Also, sometimes a customer service rep might not have all the specific answers. There's no guidebook to train people on about how to handle every situation.

Again, sorry you had such a bad experience but I would keep in mind the good experiences you've had as well. And don't forget, you can always ask to speak with a supervisor if you don't feel you're getting the customer service you deserve.

I hope you have a better experience next time.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Hey @adclinton,

Very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in, and this doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve our support interactions. We're always looking for ways to get better, and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I will encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi,

Thank you for your timely response. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that needs to be done as I resolved the issue myself. Think i was so upset b/c this is not the GoDaddy customer service I am accustomed to and felt like nobody cared as I am just another customer service number. Nonetheless, thank you for your prompt response; it's highly appreciated!

Hi Mr. Vapor:

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion; it is appreciated! Yes, you are right...I don't expect GoDaddy to typically answer my site build questions, BUT when you PAY for WordPress Premium Services under the advertisement of being an expert AND provide a committment to have the issue resolved in a certain time frame, when those time parameters are not met, an update would be appreciated. There's no way that not even responding to a ticket to provide some status update in literally a week is acceptable...and that's all i asked for; to be updated with the status of the ticket, even if it fell outside of the expected timeframe.

And yes, no matter what protocol you teach to reps in regards to handling customer service requests, you're never to be rude...period. And d/c from a chat/conversation b/c a customer expresses some sense of frustration is also unacceptable. As i stated in my ticket, there's rarely just ONE WAY to handle an IT issue, and to not even try is not cool at all. Put me on hold and at least pretend to ask somebody just to avoid a customer rant as such, lol. GoDaddy, up until point has been pretty good with my customer service/technical issues, but all it takes is one bad apple to put sour taste in your mouth unfortunately...but i hear you.  Once again, thank you for your feedback.