cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Fraud - Charged extra money at payment gateway page

I have purchased a domain for three years. On the checkout page the amount was INR 1789 (approx) but it showed INR 2915 at the payment gateway when it asked for the OTP. The amount do same at the checkout and payment gateway, so I did not recheck the amount and did the payment. I shocked when I see the invoice. When I asked the customer support for refund they told me the amount varies time to time, domain is freezed and I will not carry or book my domain again. So, my question is that how the amount was increased between the checkout and payment gateway page. This is the complete fraud done by godaddy and I really feel being cheated.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Fraud - Charged extra money at payment gateway page

godaddy is Fraud  cheated. me also,

Charged extra money at payment gateway page

please tell how i get refund

Solution

Re: Fraud - Charged extra money at payment gateway page

Hi @praveshpushp, thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding your order.

It's possible you missed taxes or were only looking at a single product in your order instead of the total.

If you have any questions about your order, I suggest you call Support so they can review your order or shopping cart with you in detail, as members of the Community do not have access to your account or billing details. Support can be reached by calling any of the numbers on this page:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

GoDaddy is Fraudy & cheater, proof inside (Beware ₹349 .COM's )

I raised my concern against the extra money was being charged at the time of payment. They straight way marked my problem is solved without being entertained. Then, I had chat with customer support and they told me that coupon code removes from the purchase order. This is clear I was cheated, so alot customers will have been and new customer will be cheated as same coupon is still live. They didn't remove and promoting INR 349 via Google Adsense to fool the customers. I have pasted the conversation as a proof.

BigRock is better than Cheater GoDaddy. Spread and shout "GoDaddy is cheater, cheater, cheater.."

Info at 11:25, Jun 12:
Finding you the right agent…

Info at 11:25, Jun 12:
You're chatting with A Neha.

A Neha at 11:25, Jun 12:
Thank you for contacting sales and support chat, my name is Neha. How can I help you today?

May I know your customer ID and 4 digit Call-In PIN?

You at 11:24, Jun 12:
Pin : ****

Thank you for providing your information.

You at 11:24, Jun 12:
Customer #: *********

A Neha at 11:26, Jun 12:
May I know your concern?

You at 11:25, Jun 12:
https://in.godaddy.com/community/Account-Management/Fraud-Charged-extra-money-at-payment-gateway-pag...

I have purchased a domain for three years. On the checkout page the amount was INR 1789 (approx) but it showed INR 2915 at the payment gateway when it asked for the OTP. The amount do same at the checkout and payment gateway, so I did not recheck the amount and did the payment. I shocked when I see the invoice. When I asked the customer support for refund they told me the amount varies time to time, domain is freezed and I will not carry or book my domain again. So, my question is that how the amount was increased between the checkout and payment gateway page. This is the complete fraud done by godaddy and I really feel being cheated.

I had reply from the godaddy and told that "It's possible you missed taxes or were only looking at a single product in your order instead of the total."

A Neha at 11:27, Jun 12:
Give me a minute. Let me check with my resources.

A Neha at 11:29, Jun 12:
You have added a Goflin code before for the .com domain for the purchase.

You at 11:29, Jun 12:
GOFLIN16

right?

A Neha at 11:30, Jun 12:
yeah exactly!

Let me give you the breakup, Suppose I want to register abc.com, the amount would be ₹1,727.00 1st year ₹349.00 2+ years ₹689.0039% off + 247.56 (taxes)

A Neha at 11:31, Jun 12:
This code was removed in the purchase.

A Neha at 11:31, Jun 12:
So that Is the reason it came back to the normal price.

You at 11:30, Jun 12:
I have seen twice before making the payment

A Neha at 11:33, Jun 12:
I understand your concern.

You at 11:31, Jun 12:
How It could be possible?

A Neha at 11:33, Jun 12:
That code is not a GoDaddy code it is a third party code which will be a invalid.

You at 11:33, Jun 12:
This is not my fault, it showed in the cart.

You at 11:34, Jun 12:
If it wasn't valid the coupon then amount should be without coupon

You at 11:35, Jun 12:
What I should do now?

A Neha at 11:36, Jun 12:
The coupon is not a GoDaddy coupon.

You at 11:35, Jun 12:
but this is not my fault, it showed in the cart.

You at 11:37, Jun 12:
and same coupon is still showing, you can check.

A Neha at 11:38, Jun 12:
Yes I understand that!

You at 11:37, Jun 12:
What I should do now?

A Neha at 11:39, Jun 12:
Give me a minute. Let me check with my resources.

Info at 11:39, Jun 12:
Transferring your chat to Sravan.

Info at 11:39, Jun 12:
You're chatting with Sravan.

Sravan at 11:40, Jun 12:
Hi

Sravan at 11:40, Jun 12:
I am sravan

You at 11:39, Jun 12:
Do uop

Sravan at 11:41, Jun 12:
As i understand you have been charge more for the domain purchase, am i correct?

You at 11:40, Jun 12:
yes, What will be the solution?

Sravan at 11:43, Jun 12:
Can i know which code you have used for this discount.

You at 11:42, Jun 12:
GOFLIN16

Sravan at 11:44, Jun 12:
This is a third party coupon.

That is the reason it might have got removed.

You at 11:43, Jun 12:
Come on, same coupon is still showing, you can check.

You at 11:43, Jun 12:
but this is not my fault, it showed in the cart.

We block at payment gateway.

You at 11:44, Jun 12:
Why it is still showing?

You at 11:44, Jun 12:
This is not my fault

Sravan at 11:45, Jun 12:
We block at payment gateway.

You at 11:45, Jun 12:
Answer the "Why it is still showing?"

You at 11:45, Jun 12:
You can check

Sravan at 11:46, Jun 12:
It will not allow you make the payment.

You at 11:46, Jun 12:
This is not my concern SRAVAN,

Sravan at 11:47, Jun 12:
Sorry, we cannot do anything now.

Sravan at 11:48, Jun 12:
Is there anything else you would like to know?

You at 11:47, Jun 12:
My problem is not solved yet.

Sravan at 11:48, Jun 12:
Sorry, we cannot do anything now.

You at 11:47, Jun 12:
That means cutomers will be cheated?

Sravan at 11:50, Jun 12:
If you want refund i can provide that.

You at 11:50, Jun 12:
What about my domain, it has already freeze, I can't buy it again, right?

Sravan at 11:51, Jun 12:
Yes

You at 11:51, Jun 12:
Can you refund the extra amount was charged?

Sravan at 11:52, Jun 12:
I cannot do that.

You at 11:52, Jun 12:
You can do one thing. Just disconnect.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: GoDaddy is Fraudy & cheater, proof inside (Beware ₹349 .COM's )

Hello @praveshpushp,

I'm sorry to hear that, however, the representative is correct. The coupon you are using is not on GoDaddy. The lesson here is don't use a third-party coupon in the GoDaddy. Sometimes, there are promotions that use cache or cookies to temporarily show you a look legit coupon but not. When making a purchase to GoDaddy make sure you are on Incognito mode so there is no cookies or cache stored while you are purchasing.  If your coupon is invalid it will automatically remove from your purchase that's why the algorithm of GoDaddy to charge you is the regular price. A representative can't do anything if the purchase is done your last choice is to refund and accept the truth. The issue here is a system, I think you are trying to cheat the GoDaddy Coupon code to get a lower price but I suggest don't do that because GoDaddy works differently.

May Iknow one thing? Where did you get the coupon? I thinking it is pre-generated thru a link. That's why it is auto added to your cart.

Regards,

Waren | GoDaddy Pro, Senior Web Developer

I didn't use the third party coupon. I saw Adwords and went via Google.com. This isn't my fault and how I would know I should use Incognito or private window?

Hi @praveshpushp, thanks for posting.

I apologize for any confusion you had with the checkout process. The amount shown on the checkout page is the amount you will be charged. It does not change and it will always be correct.

It's possible you missed taxes or were only looking at a single product in your order instead of the total.

Since you were working with a discount code, it is also possible that the code was limited to once per account and you had already used a similar code in the past. When you were first adding the domain to your cart, you might have seen the discounted rate, but when you logged into your account the discount was removed as you could not use the code in your account. The correct amount would have been then clearly displayed on the checkout page prior to payment.

In the future, I suggest you carefully review your cart and the order total prior to checking out.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status