cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Unauthorized credit card transaction by GoDaddy

A few days back I have had a credit card transaction from GoDaddy. I checked for any outstanding renewals from my end but there was no such thing. So being suspicious I halted the payment. Can anyone explain what is going on. Has the security of our credit card info been compromised or was it a legit transaction.

Regards 

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Unauthorized credit card transaction by GoDaddy

@yasirq wrote:

A few days back I have had a credit card transaction from GoDaddy. I checked for any outstanding renewals from my end but there was no such thing. So being suspicious I halted the payment. Can anyone explain what is going on. Has the security of our credit card info been compromised or was it a legit transaction.

Regards 

@yasirq typically Godaddy will preauthorize your card for an upcoming renewal. I've seen this happen before. The authorization should go away within a few days. Do you have any upcoming renewals?

---

I have a similar problem.

I have never had dealings with GoDaddy but an amount of R 351 was taken from my credit card yesterday

The Credit card dept is useless. Cannot send it back. Want me to stop my card and report fraud.

Don't know where to complain.

I don't have the time to waste on scams like this.

I can ask my it lady to list the company on any possible site (like helopeter etc) but my money is gone and they have my credit card details!?

Super User II
Super User II

@Myburgh wrote:

I have a similar problem.

I have never had dealings with GoDaddy but an amount of R 351 was taken from my credit card yesterday

The Credit card dept is useless. Cannot send it back. Want me to stop my card and report fraud.

Don't know where to complain.

I don't have the time to waste on scams like this.

I can ask my it lady to list the company on any possible site (like helopeter etc) but my money is gone and they have my credit card details!?

@Myburgh Godaddy wouldn't steal your credit card and charge you. If you have an unauthorized transaction on your account you'll need to report that to your financial institution, just like any other unauthorized transaction.

---

I did not say the card was stolen.

Maybe someone, willing to resolve this matter, can give me more appropriate answer please.

I reported the transaction. The bank said I must contact the "provider".

According to Standard bank Credit Card division they cannot reverse the transaction. I do not agree with their explanation but that does not worry anyone besides me.

All they can do is stop my card and I must apply for a new one.

Fact is :

1. I did not authorise any transaction

2. Godaddy took the money.

Godaddy must give it back and explain why a transaction was done on my account.

This is not acceptable

Highlighted

Hey @Myburgh,

I hope you were able to get this worked out already. However; if you still need assistance and do not have a customer account or receipt number for the charges that applied to your billing method, then you'll need to contact our billing department at (480) 505-8855 for assistance.

There is no email address, but they are available 24/7 and are the best able to investigate the charges and help reverse as necessary. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support