cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why is my purchase currency changing?

What a waste of time this morning was trying to use the chat. 

I tried to ask why I was charged nearly double for my domain renewal all in USD as well. 

The agent tried to tell me the conversion of CAD and USD is the same.  

He had no answers to my questions and tried to tell me this is exactly what I have been paying for years.  

Which is not the case. 

I checked it myself. 

I asked him why sometimes I am billed in CAD and sometimes in USD and he had no answers. 

A 40 minute wait for a phone agent and I was then disconnected. 

So now what. You expect me to sit again and wait for another clueless agent? 
No email support. 

Why am I putting up with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Why is my purchase currency changing?

Hello, Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Please be patient on your issue agent will help you as their best. You need to talk with technical guys on GoDaddy. May I can help to reach them out regarding on your issue. Just chill.

Solution

Hi @tiffsedge

If calling is not an option for you, you may try our live chat. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 5am - 6pm Arizona time on the United States - English version of our Help page (help.godaddy.com). You can check your default payment method from within your account settings. 

To make this modification please go to: 

Account Settings > Payment Methods > in the "currency" section you will see the current currency > Click Edit > update Currency > Save 

Sometimes, the payment method can change due to the IP address of where the purchase is being made. By reviewing and setting the currency to your desired region will prevent that from happening. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@tiffsedge wrote:

What a waste of time this morning was trying to use the chat. 

I tried to ask why I was charged nearly double for my domain renewal all in USD as well. 

The agent tried to tell me the conversion of CAD and USD is the same.  

He had no answers to my questions and tried to tell me this is exactly what I have been paying for years.  

Which is not the case. 

I checked it myself. 

I asked him why sometimes I am billed in CAD and sometimes in USD and he had no answers. 

A 40 minute wait for a phone agent and I was then disconnected. 

So now what. You expect me to sit again and wait for another clueless agent? 
No email support. 

Why am I putting up with this?

I have been dealing with a migration issue for over 3 weeks and do you think that I have advanced NO!!!  I have spoke to 5 reps and all of them give me different answers NO one can answer a simple question or do a simple task that i have paid $100 for.  SOOOO Annoying  so whether you chat with them or email them they are "sorry " But still cant help.  Minimum time on call is 50mins   BE WARNED