• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Please review my website

I have had this site for a year and has not got much traction on Google,  wondering if there is something I am missing?

www.RealEstateCitrusCountyfl.com

Some times you feel like a nut....sometimes you dun't
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DHutchFL 

Ah - Now I get to the site 🙂 So the issue here to 2 fold...

1) There isn't a lot of content on your site 

2) Everything that is here is very generic 

I'm on the "other side" of the state in Palm Beach County. We have LOTS of planned communities. One of the things that I see successful realtors in the area do is if they focus on one or two of the communities as a speciality. They when they do their websites, they will do a page all about that community, links to listings they've had either through flexmls or one of the non-branded sites depending on how old the listing is.

This way when someone googles for the community and homes for sale their site is more likely to come up.

The other thing is that many of them use WordPress or another platform which allows them to integrate an MLS search right into the site so that those additional listings get indexed as well. Take a look at https://www.google.com/search?q=citrus+hills+florida+real+estate as an example

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User IV

@DHutchFL 

When I try to go to citruscountyrealestatefl.com it says not a valid domain name.

I will tell you that doing a real estate site is VERY difficult as there are 100s of national sites which are going to have more ranking - I have found something that helps is if you focus on the properties / communities you are working with so that if someone looks up property XYZ homes for sale - you optimize for those places.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Holy shiz….I typed it backwards it’s www.Realestatecitruscountyfl.Com
    Thank you, I realize trying to edge out zillow, centry21 and all is futile. I just thought that I would have a bit better placement as I think I’m using key words for different area’s. Sorry about the type-ohhhhh

[cid:image003.jpg@01D660FD.3402A7F0]
    David Hutchinson
    MVP Realty
    (c) 352-436-3922
    Dhutch76@outlook.com
    RealEstateCitrusCountyFl.com

@DHutchFL 

Ah - Now I get to the site 🙂 So the issue here to 2 fold...

1) There isn't a lot of content on your site 

2) Everything that is here is very generic 

I'm on the "other side" of the state in Palm Beach County. We have LOTS of planned communities. One of the things that I see successful realtors in the area do is if they focus on one or two of the communities as a speciality. They when they do their websites, they will do a page all about that community, links to listings they've had either through flexmls or one of the non-branded sites depending on how old the listing is.

This way when someone googles for the community and homes for sale their site is more likely to come up.

The other thing is that many of them use WordPress or another platform which allows them to integrate an MLS search right into the site so that those additional listings get indexed as well. Take a look at https://www.google.com/search?q=citrus+hills+florida+real+estate as an example

View solution in original post

Thank you for the information. Will make some adjustments and see where that leads me.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D66326.C1F19370]
    David Hutchinson
    MVP Realty
    (c) 352-436-3922
    Dhutch76@outlook.com
    RealEstateCitrusCountyFl.com
    Getting Started

@DHutchFL Your site looks good, just try to add more content on it. You can also create a separate page for images of your real estate properties, it would also be better if you can make some font adjustments as everything seems huge and it required a lot of time to scroll to the end of the page.

To generate more traffic, you can try to connect with people in various real estate communities online and try to create new content around the topics most searched in your locality which you can find through Google trend.