• GoDaddy Community
  • Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Why does my webpage not appear in Google search and how do I solve this?

My website is published and I've set my key words for people to find. I've added in the TXT link for Google in the DNS manager but my website still can't be found when searching Google. How do I sort this please? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User II

@Dunmhor

If only getting indexed was easy...  😞   The thing is for new sites, it will take a while for Google to notice you.  Getting indexed and ranked is something that takes a lot of work and time. 

You can speed the process along by also submitting your sitemap through Google Console if you haven't already.

You didn't mention your URL or the platform that you are on.  What is your URL so we can take a peak?

Judith
    "Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

@Dunmhor

Have you added your site map to Google Console?  New sites take time...  Google works at their own speed and by submitting your site map gives that process a nudge.

In addition you are only one page -- that really isn't a website.  What I would do is work towards making your homepage a summary of what lies within.   Then move your full About and therapy descriptions to each of their own pages.   This allows each block of text to stand on it's own and not be diluted by all the other text when on one page.

Then, work on adding a blog where you can add new content on a regular basis.  That's what will keep Googlebot coming back for more.

Another way of adding optimized content is having a FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions).  You know what your clients ask about most.  Create a page with all those questions and answers.   

Throughout the site you also want to use terms that your potential clients may use when they don't know the exact name of your therapies.  They may know what they want/need but not what it is actually called. This approach gives you the opportunity to be found by those keyphrases.

I have a bunch of SEO articles on my site that explain what is involved that you can read and implement at your convenience.  While I work with WordPress, the strategies, processes and advice is the same for any website.

HTH! 😉

Judith

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II

@Dunmhor

If only getting indexed was easy...  😞   The thing is for new sites, it will take a while for Google to notice you.  Getting indexed and ranked is something that takes a lot of work and time. 

You can speed the process along by also submitting your sitemap through Google Console if you haven't already.

You didn't mention your URL or the platform that you are on.  What is your URL so we can take a peak?

Judith

Hi, thank you for the reply. I have never designed a webpage before so presumed once published that would be it unfortunately. My website is https://headtotailequinetherapy.co.uk/ . I added the google TXT link onto my DNS manager and it confirmed ok but if I search for terms such as Equine Bodyworker or Equine Craniosacral Therapist etc near me, I can't find my webpage. I don't know what else to try as this is all new to me. 

@Dunmhor

Have you added your site map to Google Console?  New sites take time...  Google works at their own speed and by submitting your site map gives that process a nudge.

In addition you are only one page -- that really isn't a website.  What I would do is work towards making your homepage a summary of what lies within.   Then move your full About and therapy descriptions to each of their own pages.   This allows each block of text to stand on it's own and not be diluted by all the other text when on one page.

Then, work on adding a blog where you can add new content on a regular basis.  That's what will keep Googlebot coming back for more.

Another way of adding optimized content is having a FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions).  You know what your clients ask about most.  Create a page with all those questions and answers.   

Throughout the site you also want to use terms that your potential clients may use when they don't know the exact name of your therapies.  They may know what they want/need but not what it is actually called. This approach gives you the opportunity to be found by those keyphrases.

I have a bunch of SEO articles on my site that explain what is involved that you can read and implement at your convenience.  While I work with WordPress, the strategies, processes and advice is the same for any website.

HTH! 😉

Judith

Sorry for the delay in replying @Muse. I thought I had different pages on the website as it looks that way when I log in. However, accessing it via Google I realised it was all one page! Hopefully it is now sorted and each page is accessed via the 'menu'. I have added a 'site map' on console I think? However, it still isn't picking up using the key phrases. I had no idea this was all going to be so complicated for a 'novice'. Surely there is an easier way to get Google to find me?

@Dunmhor 

Good job on the changes!    But those changes are not instantaneous with Google or any search engine.  They'll pick up on things in their own time -- out of your control to control.   The sitemap, when submitted through Google Console will help with that.

Unfortunately, there is no easier way. 😞 You have to have a site that is optimized to be found and worthy of being ranked. 

SEO is not a set and forget -- it's something you have to work on consistently.  So take some time to read up on SEO and what is involved.   That way you can start implementing what needs to be done and after a while it becomes a habit not a chore. 😉

Judith