cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't get Authorization Code to transfer, sends to domainsbyproxy.com

Trying to Transfer my Domain but when I try to get my Authorization Code for the transfer it emails it to a random address that isn't what is listed on my account.  Checked my account email just to be sure but it didn't end up there either.  Tried to use the help section to download the code but it references things in the help file that aren't shown.  How do I get the Authorization Code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RedneckAlcatraz,

Make sure once the privacy is removed that there is a valid email address for the administrative contact. Update only this email on the domain if you need it to be sent to another address. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II

@RedneckAlcatraz wrote:

Trying to Transfer my Domain but when I try to get my Authorization Code for the transfer it emails it to a random address that isn't what is listed on my account.  Checked my account email just to be sure but it didn't end up there either.  Tried to use the help section to download the code but it references things in the help file that aren't shown.  How do I get the Authorization Code?

@RedneckAlcatraz Do you have privacy protection enabled?

---

No I don't, it originally was but I turned it off because it needed to be off to get the Code.

Hi @RedneckAlcatraz,

Make sure once the privacy is removed that there is a valid email address for the administrative contact. Update only this email on the domain if you need it to be sent to another address. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post