cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Free one year for transfered domains?

We are promised with one year free extansion for transfered domains (We also let you keep any time left on your current registrations AND throw in a free year of registration for each transfer)

I transfered few domains but I don't see +1 year in my domain management. So how does this work?

9 REPLIES 9
Employee
Employee

Re: Free one year for transfered domains?

Hi @darjanp

Thank you for your post. The 1 year extension can be applied to only certain domain extensions that allow us to add an additionally year.

If the extension qualifies and the domain has been fully transferred over to your GoDaddy account please review your concerns with our customer support agents. They will be happy to assist with research on the domains.

Best Wishes!

-TechFly 

"Transfer your .com for €8.13. Includes 1-year extension.**"

So what are you exactly charging us? 8.13 for TRANSFER? Not a renewal?? And then you throw in 1 year "free"? I thought I get one year renewal for 8.13 and then + 1 year free. Who would want to pay just for transfer anyway??

Its misleading. I  was happy with name.com and I thought I would save something but it just a fraud.On top of it, your site suck and so does your support. I wish I could go back to name.com immediatly and I would not advise anyone to use godaddy!

Solution

Hi @darjanp

The previous reply was correct.... while most transfers will include a free year of registration (and the fee is to pay the registry for moving the domain to us), not all registries allow the one-year addition.

The asterisks on the quote you copied from the front of our website are there to let you know which registries -- or which CCTLDs -- will not include the registration addition. In the cases where it is not allowed, the transfer can serve the purpose of consolidating your domains in one account or being able to have the 24/7 customer service on your domains.

While you did not mention the domains involved, the exclusions from the front of our website are as follows: ** .nl, .uk, .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .cz, .eu, .es, .se, .com.au, .net.au, .org.au and .co.za do not include a 1-year extension. Of course, the .UK and .AU transfers have no fee involved, so there is no extension.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

I have same problem.. but looks like this is marketing trick. they hide support and I don't know how to contact them. 

so sad..

Hi @LarGibbon

All support options are shown at support.godaddy.com or by clicking the "Help" link on the top of the website. You can also choose to use the international numbers seen in the link in the signature below. Support can look up the domain name and advise if the free year is included by that registry. 

Super User II
Super User II

@LarGibbon wrote:

I have same problem.. but looks like this is marketing trick. they hide support and I don't know how to contact them. 

so sad..

@LarGibbon The one year extension of your registration isn't a marketing gimmick. All registrars do this since the fee you are paying when you initiate a transfer is actually used to add a year of registration to the domain. There are a few factors that could result in the year not being added such as the registry of the domain extension doesn't participate (which is unlikely) OR the domain name was renewed within 60 days of the day that you transfer the domain. @darjanp

---

Thats not true.. Eaven online help is removed. Do you actually know how many users does not speak english and cant just call phones.. In who knows what country and price.. Where can speak with people who removed online email or chat help becasuse they not want help.. They just want take our money. And this trick does job.. But in my case thats all money they will ever take. Goodbye
Super User II
Super User II

@LarGibbon wrote:
Thats not true.. Eaven online help is removed. Do you actually know how many users does not speak english and cant just call phones.. In who knows what country and price.. Where can speak with people who removed online email or chat help becasuse they not want help.. They just want take our money. And this trick does job.. But in my case thats all money they will ever take. Goodbye

@LarGibbon It is absolutely true. You can read about the ICANN guidelines here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2017-10-10-en

---

no my friend.. is not true.! everything is ok with my domain. just they didn't give me free one year for transfering domain like they kindly offer me.

probably they think I have forget about.. but I'm not. and I'm not forget to remove my credit card.. so they can't automaticaly renew and take my money for something they say is for free.