cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer expired Godaddy website builder to wordpress?

I'm trying to move my website LTD0.com from the Godaddy Website Builder, to my newly purchased Wordpress Deluxe plan (purchased through godaddy.com). How do I do this and what all will I need?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: How to transfer expired Godaddy website builder to wordpress?

@CryptoInvestor

Unfortunately, there is no way to import your website builder site into WordPress.  Everything will have to be recreated in the new WordPress install once you get your new theme in place.

What you'll have to do is copy-n-paste your content from the current site into the new page/post in WordPress.  Have your current site open in one window and your new WordPress install in another window. Open a page in your current site, create that page in WordPress, copy and paste.  On to the next...

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Solution

Wow that is outrageous! I guess I should've expected that from GoDaddy. They’ll help ya come in but they wont help you leave. I cant tell you how many times i’ve accidentally purchased crap because Godaddy secretly throws it in my cart or “Bundles” items... guess i’ll just hand swtitch everything to wordpress... thank you for your help!
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@CryptoInvestor

Your situation isn't a GoDaddy specific thing -- it's a technology thing.  What you are basically wanting to do is migrate apples to oranges.  It just doesn't work that way.  On GoDaddy or any host.

If you are using a "builder" platform, there is no way to easily migrate to another, differently coded platform. Just as you wouldn't be able to migrate a site coded in .asp to .php with the push of a few buttons.  Different coding.

Once you are on WordPress however, there are tools and plugins to help you migrate WordPress from one host to another WordPress install on another host.  You can easily migrate WordPress to WordPress.

Now that you've learned the limitations of platforms, you can move to WordPress having a better understanding of what is involved and knowing that you can move your WordPress install if you want to down the road.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison