cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Just bought domain, not trying to "transfer" it just changing the nameserver to bluehost. Need EPP

I just bought a domain, and I am aware that if I want to transfer it out there is a wait time of something like 60-90 days. BUT I am not trying to do that, I want to keep my domain with godaddy BUT I need to be able to update the nameserver (which I did on godaddy side) to point to my hosting on bluehost. But when I try to add it on bluehost side it needs my godaddy EPP which has this message currently ...

"Get authorization code (disabled)"

I've also already "unlocked" the domain hoping that helped but it didn't.

Seems to be a big oversight between Bluehost and godaddy. How can I PLEASE get my EPP as this is an urgent matter!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@bellydietclub wrote:

I just bought a domain, and I am aware that if I want to transfer it out there is a wait time of something like 60-90 days. BUT I am not trying to do that, I want to keep my domain with godaddy BUT I need to be able to update the nameserver (which I did on godaddy side) to point to my hosting on bluehost. But when I try to add it on bluehost side it needs my godaddy EPP which has this message currently ...

Seems to be a big oversight between Bluehost and godaddy. How can I PLEASE get my EPP as this is an urgent matter!

Thanks.

@bellydietclub What you're saying are two different things, there is no oversight here. You have a domain name at godaddy and you're hosting it at Bluehost, all you need to do is update the nameservers at Godaddy to the ones that BlueHost provided to you.

You do not need an EPP/Authorization code to do that. The code is only needed to transfer a domain name to another registrar. If I were to guess you're going to the spot at BlueHost and trying to initiate a transfer, you don't need to do that. Once you update the nameservers at Godaddy that's all you need to do.

---

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@bellydietclub wrote:

Thanks.

@bellydietclub What you're saying are two different things, there is no oversight here. You have a domain name at godaddy and you're hosting it at Bluehost, all you need to do is update the nameservers at Godaddy to the ones that BlueHost provided to you.

You do not need an EPP/Authorization code to do that. The code is only needed to transfer a domain name to another registrar. If I were to guess you're going to the spot at BlueHost and trying to initiate a transfer, you don't need to do that. Once you update the nameservers at Godaddy that's all you need to do.

---

View solution in original post