cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Ghost .css file

Hi!

I'm in the process of taking over managing a club website. The "old" site was managed under Perch CMS, and I'm changing it back to good ol' HTML/CSS manually typed in like God intended with a little Python CGI down the line. 🙂

All of the old files have been moved off the account, a MySQL db that the Perch system used has been deleted, and all of the new files have been copied to the account. SOMEWHERE the new .html pages are picking up an OLD copy of a CSS file named "essp.css". There is a new "essp.css" file, but it is all different. Where do you suppose that old file is hiding? I've ssh'ed in and looked around and there is no hidden essp.css file laying around. If I use the Develop menu in Safari and look at the resources of one of the pages it shows the contents of the old file when I click on essp.css and look at the source, but when I go to the URL for this file where Safari thinks it is the text of the new file shows up in the browser. I've just changed the name of the file for now to esspnew.css and all is well, but I'd like to figure this out. It's a little too bizarre. Thanks!

Bob

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ghost .css file

Hi @NMBob

That is interesting. Without the domain name or access to your hosting account it's difficult to determine what the issue may be via our forums. I suggest giving our support team a call and see if they can assist you with locating the file or provide additional info in regards to where the file might be.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Re: Ghost .css file

Hi!

That was the strangest thing I've seen in a while. 🙂 The domain was enchantedskies.org, but all is well now. I haven't tried going back to essp.css, but may at some point. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a browser caching "incident" -- I cleared that while trying to figure out what was going on, but it was with Apple's Safari browser, and Apple's QC these days is kinda sketchy. 🙂 Thanks for the reply!

Bob