cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

GoDaddy hosted website is not authorized to use my client's information

There is a site hosted with GoDaddy (link) which is fraudulently posing as my clients business. The site is using my clients business name, business address, and company number. 

The site is being used to generate leads to scam victims in to paying for services which will not be delivered. We have alerted and have a case open with the appropriate legal authorities.

I have contacted the phishing team at GoDaddy about this over 3 weeks ago now and have still not received a response. 

We need this fraudulent website taking down from the GoDaddy servers ASAP.

Is there anyone at GoDaddy who I can talk with to help resolve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @SO851. Thanks for posting. It sounds like you've already reached out to the team that investigates this type of issue. I will double-check with them to make sure they take a look at the issue. They will review what you've sent in and take action accordingly. If they need further information, they will reach out. I'd ask that you give them a bit more time to look into what you've reported. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I don't envy your situation @SO851, I have been in a similar situation and I can tell you that patience is key. Though it appears cut and dry to you someone looking from the outside may not have as clear of a conclusion. In many cases such as this forensic work is needed and it doesn't typically resolve quickly. 

The best advice I could offer is to stay in top of it, provide any information you can when asked and explore different avenues of resolve. Often getting a result from one authority will strengthen your case with another. I hope that helps?

Please come back and let us know how this resolves.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks for your reply.

My clients website has a verified 'Google My Business' profile, linked to his business address. Google sends out a postcard to the business address with a confirmation code, in order to prove that you actually own the address, which he has confirmed. 

The fraud site is not verified via Google My Business, and therefore has no proof of ownership of the business address.

Surely this is proof enough? 

Community Manager

Hi @SO851. Thanks for posting. It sounds like you've already reached out to the team that investigates this type of issue. I will double-check with them to make sure they take a look at the issue. They will review what you've sent in and take action accordingly. If they need further information, they will reach out. I'd ask that you give them a bit more time to look into what you've reported. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post