cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant access to a specific website.

I have an account with multiple hosting websites.and now i need to give administrator to someone else on specific website to work on it. Is it possible.
8 REPLIES 8
Helper VI

@mnanette,

If the websites are bing managed in GoDaddy.  Have your new administrator signup for GoDaddy Pro.

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Thank you for your answer, please give me more details. I want to give the access to only one website .

@mnanette,

If you use GoDaddy Pro,  you are able to delegate access to that one account and all the services and products in it.  If that account has a Linux hosting with multiple websites, they will have access to those websites.  If that's the case, you should use cPanel to manage access via FTP instead.

If you want me to be more specific, please give more details. Are the websites in separate accounts? Are they in web/WordPress hosting? Linux hosting? VPS? Dedicated?

On a side note: If your domain's name server are also being managed by the website's host, they may get full access to your subdomains as well.  Just keep that in mind.

I can't access the website with ftp users.I got authentication error.I created new user and it's the same.

I can't access the website with ftp users.I got authentication error.I created new user and it's the same.

Hi there @mnanette,

That's odd.  BTW, some FTP clients default to SFTP so make sure you selected FTP and port 21.  Also, double check that you are using the correct IP.  Using a ftp.domain.url to resolve to your FTP IP doesn't always work either.  Otherwise, call support.

Thanks. I tried but still can't access it with ftp . Is there any internet number for support ? on viber or any other app.

To log in through FTP (FileZilla).  You should know the primary credentials of your web hosting.  Follow the video tutorial below.

https://youtu.be/J2ai0HvMVd8

Thank You.