cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Trying to add email to groupmail

Hi there, I am trying to add my email to groupmail, but this error pops up.  I tried port 80 and port 3535. Please help 🙏

Connection Timeout: 180
Using Standard AUTH LOGIN Authentication
Username: hello@safetysavvy.co.nz
Use Pipelining: False
Sending...
FAILED: 2 - Error with user authentication;Server says: 535 Authentication Failed for hello@safetysavvy.co.nz

TIP: Please check that the SMTP Authentication details you have entered as correct and then try again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

I am not sure if something has changed since you posted this but I show the email address is being hosted over at GSuite. Therefore, you need to find out from them what dns records you need to have for this to work. More than likely it has something to do with the fact that you are missing srv records in your dns. Again though, they would be the ones to provide this to you and then you can update it on your godaddy account. 

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

I am not sure if something has changed since you posted this but I show the email address is being hosted over at GSuite. Therefore, you need to find out from them what dns records you need to have for this to work. More than likely it has something to do with the fact that you are missing srv records in your dns. Again though, they would be the ones to provide this to you and then you can update it on your godaddy account. 

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post