• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

CDN radically reduces Image Resolution

I had previously used Cloudflare and had never had this issue, but using the Godaddy CDN it updates many of my graphics to LOW resolution versions of them, creating a really hideous look for my portfolio website.

Is there any workaround for this other than just not using this CDN?

Inspect element shows a whole new URL:

sshot-422.pngsshot-423.png

For the curious, here is the full resolution graphic working off of a cached version:

sshot-424.png

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@ezgoodnight 

In looking at the source code you posted, the issue isn't the CDN but rather the fact that WordPress is using one of the smaller images and then enlarging it - 

For some reason it was doing the 250x160 image vs the full size image

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 

Yes, I noticed that, it is why I posted the source in the first place. Your answer is not a correct solution because it only does that when the CDN is turned and for many different images throughout the site.

When the CDN is not in use, it does not do that. You can see clearly the text here is different and I have not changed anything other than turning off the CDN.

ezgoodnight_0-1591045420736.png

@ezgoodnight 

That is really strange as the CDN should not change anything other than the path. The only thing I can suggest / think of is if your browser was reduced in size (width) when you had the CDN on but wider when you had it off and as such the theme was displaying the full size image vs the smaller one.

Themes will change out reference images as part of the responsiveness. That is the only thing I can think of.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Interesting suggestion but I'm pretty sure it is not correct. I tried this in chrome and a private firefox and typically I work fullscreen on Windows... when I viewed it on my non-private firefox tab it loaded the cached version, while the low res version loads on the "fresh" browsers that had not loaded and cached that page before.

The size it's loading is a very unusual size that I didn't set anything up to load, but, I do imagine it's some voodoo happening between the CDN and the theme, which has been a lot of trouble from day one, tbh. I like the customization but it's just kind of a pile of janky mess on top of other jank.