• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Can't create mySQL database, "#1044 - Access denied for user", phpMyAdmin privileges

Hello!

I have to create a few MySQL databases on my server.

I tried the "create database db_name" query both on phpMyAdmin and on MySQL Workbench, both return the error message #1044 - Access denied for user
    It seems the phpMyAdmin user account provided in the "My Hosting" section does not have enough privileges on the MySQL server. Is this intended? If so, how else can I create new databases?

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,

Murillo

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't create mySQL database, "#1044 - Access denied for user", phpMyAdmin privileges

Hi @murillo908, thanks for posting.

If you are using Managed WordPress hosting, you cannot create additional databases. Each site on Managed WordPress has one database associated with it that is managed by Managed WordPress.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: Can't create mySQL database, "#1044 - Access denied for user", phpMyAdmin privileges

I see. I was hoping to create new databases in order to better organize my data. I need to create about 200 tables with data sets.

Do you think it would cause problems if I bundle such a large number of tables in the same database? Or do you rather suggest I migrate to another type of hosting in order to establish more control over MySQL? If so, how can I do that on Go Daddy?

Thanks for your assistance.

Best regards,

Murillo

Hi @murillo908.

If you need or want multiple databases or need database functionality outside of WordPress, Managed WordPress might not be he best solution for you. I suggest calling Support to review your needs with you.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status