• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Fatal Error my site is completely down. Help!!!!!

My website http://healthymomsmagazine.net isn't working at all. I get a fatal error message:

Warning: require(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas07_data01/12/2824412/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

It is run on the managed Wordpress hosting 

I need it fixed ASAP! Please help!!

45 REPLIES 45
    New

Re: Fatal Error my site is completely down. Help!!!!!

Same issue here

Highlighted
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

I think it's related to the update to WordPress 4.7.2 today.  Only on Managed WordPress sites, as far as I can tell. However bad you think it is, it's worse for me. I have 54 sites down right now, with a lot of clients complaining. I'm on hold with tech support, I hope they have an answer for me...

I have the same issue. Wonder if it is a system wide problem

Okay so it is a GoDaddy issue. I hope they fix it soon!

I have the same issue too. My site is http://www.beyondxclusive.com/

New

same issue

Wordpress pulling a fatal error

Hi everyone, im not sure where to go with this post. My wordpress site is pulling a fatal error 

Warning: require(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data02/38/3834338/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data02/38/3834338/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data02/38/3834338/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data02/38/3834338/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Im not sure what this means or what i can do, im not very familiar with development. Does anyone recognize this or know what I can do?

New

Same on 60 minute hold.. 

forgemountainphoto

I think I am going to try to forget about this until morning. I hope GoDaddy fixes it!

Same issue here. 

Re: Wordpress pulling a fatal error

Yes, I got the same error message on both my sites. It just came out of the blue. It must be something on GoDaddy's side. They must be updating something. 

Same issue here with both of my sites. 

Same issue!!

We have the same error too on two sites we host with GoDaddy.

Media Temple (http://status.mediatemple.net) has acknowledged a problem with their wordpress sites. 

Same issue here. My website is TerrellGlenn.com and it is completely down!

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi @katrina1234 @EdubVenice @OneUniqueQueen,

I think it's something to do with a Wordpress update. Take a look at other Wordpress topics in forum. Support are informed I believe.

Sorry to see this, hope it's fixed soon.

New

mine is back up!

Looks like they're working on it--my site just came back to life! Thanks GoDaddy. 

Same exact problem.  And I'm not in a place where I can make a call!  Any chance of an update anywhere?  All the status sites at GoDaddy say, "All Systems Operational." 

Site Not Loading

I can't access my WP admin and my site isn't loading, instead I get this error message:

Warning: require(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/39/3768339/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/39/3768339/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/39/3768339/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/39/3768339/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

This seems to have happened after I did an update through GoDaddy. But at first my WP admin page was showing now it isn't. Help!

Our site is also down still down.  I called and after being on hold for a long time, I hung up.   I am so glad I went to the boards and saw your messages.  

Our site: https://engagedminds.org/

Same message:

Warning: require(/home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data01/52/3285652/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data01/52/3285652/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data01/52/3285652/html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data01/52/3285652/html/wp-settings.php on line 151

Update:  our site is up for some people, but not me.  I was assuming I was just hitting a different server?

Re: Site Not Loading

We are having the same issue.

Same issue our site is http://www.dastylishfoodie.com.

Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Have been on hold with Tech Support for almost an hour. Definitely related to the 4.7.2 update on Managed WordPress. I manage 80+ sites on that platform. All of the ones that have done the auto-update are down. They don't update every site at the same moment, they roll through the list. So it's just a matter of time before the rest of my sites are down. 

I did try restoring one site from the Managed WordPress backup, and that worked just fine to get the site back up and running, but it means 4.7.2 is not installed and it's stuck at 4.7.1 until the next update rolls around.

New

Back online after 50 minutes. Cat Happy

Working for me now, too.

Phew.

Mine is now up and running again!

My site is back up also.

Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Re: Wordpress pulling a fatal error >> A FIX IS COMING SOON

Just got off the phone with tech support. Known issue with the 4.7.2 update to Managed WordPress sites, and it has to do with a file permission being changed inadvertently. They know how to fix it manually on a site-by-site basis (and the person I spoke with said he'd done about 10 sites, it takes a few seconds each and all is well after that).

Their plan right now is to do it "in bulk" on a server-by-server basis, so they are getting ready to do that. I was told it might take a couple of hours to get through all of them, but then everyone should be back up and running. I hope this is the case. 

Meanwhile, if your site is down, check on it in a couple of hours and hopefully it will be there.

Re: Wordpress pulling a fatal error >> A FIX IS COMING SOON

Thanks for the update. FWIW - we had an issue this AM with WP API Access throwing a 403 error. Talked with support 2xs but no resolution. Then this afternoon the fatal error in this thread took both sites down. We were on 4.7.1 for the earlier issue. 

New

My website (imbloggingtips.com) also showing the same error message, But I am able to login in my wp admin panel. Hope Godaddy will soon rectify the error. Really very annoying to me.

Update:- After login to my wp admin panel, everything looks fine. Now site loads normally.

We are facing the same error. Anyone knows if this is for sure going to be fixed today or not?

Thanks for all your help guys.

New

Wordpress website down after updating WP version

My website, www.joojip.com has been down since Godaddy upgraded Wordpress to 4.7.2. I tried contacting your support in India but didn't help. They did something and it rendered the website but it shows all the VC shortcodes on the home page. 

I am using Keysoft theme and they keep saying there is a plugin issue. Well, this didn't show up until now.

Now, after updating the plugins as well, all I am seeing is the VC shortcodes still. I am not even able to see the plugins anymore. I don't know how they got deleted. 

Please help. 

I'm experiencing the same thing. Our site is down on Chrome and Safari browsers but live on Firefox.

My site works on Firefox but not on Chrome and Safari. Others can test to see if this is true for them and at least advise any staff a work around.

not working here. tried with different browser too.

I'm having the same issue. Supposedly, there's a manual fix that GoDaddy is applying. Anybody know what that is? I can SSH/FTP into my site and can make the changes. Just not sure what they are.

Edit: I just got done talking with GoDaddy after a ~20 minute hold. Just call them. It's easier/quicker that way. They reset the cache and renamed some file that was causing the issue.

Helper I
    Helper I

There's a reason I only use GoDaddy for buying domain names and not hosting, they seem unable to do the simplest of things correctly. Wordpress hosting is not rocket science yet it seems GoDaddy have made their own wordpress hosting very messy, buggy and complicated for customers. I've been running wordpress sites since v1.0 of wordpress and it truly is not rocket science. If however people like GoDaddy take Wordpress, fiddle with it, force people to use their own gd_plugins and other things then you can only expect a simple thing like a wordpress update to completely break your site.

Solution

Hey everyone!

Following up with an update. The issue caused from the 4.7.2 update should now be resolved. The manual fix our teams were working on should have already been applied to all affected servers.

Seems some of you may have noticed the sites returning, but if any are still having issues resolving to the site even after clearing local cache settings then please reach out to our live support so they can help review it further. Sorry for any trouble that was caused.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Wordpress Hosted website down

Hi all..i recently purchased a domain and hosting from godaddy and during the option to select server region, i selected europe as it was masrked as recommended...after all the configurations initially i was not able to accesses my wp-admin but after a few attempts to figure out i connected to the internet via proxy and the wp-admin opened...after setting the website..it was live..it opened a few times without proxy that does not solve the problem because the website is down every now and then...secondly nobody bothers to open a website if it is not accessable...i am a newby and therefore need help..

i also need help about how to change the server region as it might solve the problem thanks.

Wordpress Site Down w/ SQL Database Error?

Site was working fine a few hours ago. Got a report that it was showing an error message. I enabled PHP debugging and was shown the following: 

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2005): Unknown MySQL server host 'san1719110520900.db.8801626.hostedresource.com' (0) in /home/content/26/8801626/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1548

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/content/26/8801626/html/wp-includes/wp-db.phpon line 1578

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host 'san1719110520900.db.8801626.hostedresource.com' (0) in /home/content/26/8801626/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1578

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at san1719110520900.db.8801626.hostedresource.com. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
    • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
    • Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

New

Re: Wordpress Site Down w/ SQL Database Error?

I have the same problem.... Error database connection....

Same thing for mine, this happened to my site about 2 weeks ago also.

Same HY000/2005 unknown mysql server host, yet can access it from PHPMyAdmin and any mobile connection fine.

It appears the server just isn't able to connect to the database, while any other source can.

And mines back up again \o/

New

Scratching my head with the same problem. Did not do a thing to cause a problem. Checked the wp-admin, reset the MySql password, tried to restart WordPress - but that failed as well. Now trying to update to the latest WordPress and hope it sorts itself out. I can see on the other thread that they are calling Customer Support --- may try that next...

I have the same issue. Connection failed. Error:Unknown MySQL server host 'IPSmiley TongueORT' (0)

Just in any case, I validated that IP & PORT are the same as the shown on PhpMyAdmin.

Do anyone have any answer about this?