• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do you increase WordPress Memory Limit on GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting?

HI, 

Does anyone know how I can increase my WP memory limit on a GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

Check your wp-config.php file to see what your memory limit is set at and increase it.  If not noted add this line to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

More info on this file and memory here.  https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II

Check your wp-config.php file to see what your memory limit is set at and increase it.  If not noted add this line to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

More info on this file and memory here.  https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

View solution in original post

GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting don't allow this.

You can't.

Hmmm... I was able to do so when I used that platform... Just basing my response on what I have and was able to do. (?)   If GoDaddy has now restricted that (maybe someone can confirm?) -- then you need to contact support for further help.

Judith

Would like to know the same. And if Godaddy keeps adding limitations on managed wordpress hosting, I would like to be notified. 

GoDaddy Managed WordPress platform gives users no access to cPanel, so this is not a valid solution.  GoDaddy expects their users to utilize sFTP access which is cumbersome to use, & is a poor option for the user if they are not familiar with how to use it.

wordpress-roto.jpg

Jay