• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to download a backup for a Managed WordPress website?

We have a managed Word Press site.  I am looking for information on downloading a backup of our site.  I am relatively new to WordPress and websites.  We are getting ready to launch a redesign of our website and would like to have a copy of the current site.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @bbraunwv!

Since your current plan is Ultimate Managed WordPress, option 2 would be the best option.

I would also recommend reaching out to support directly for an account review to verify if your hosting plan does include a download feature of your backups. There is a chat feature to contact support and support is available also via phone 24/7.

I have included links that is a step-by-step guide on how to connect to your site via SFTP and download the files to your desired location (either computer or drive)

If you do not have a Pro Managed WordPress

Option 2: You can download files from your Managed WordPress account with SFTP. You can use any FTP client to do this, such as FileZilla.

If you should have anymore questions GoDaddy is available 24/7, via chat or phone.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Employee

Hello @bbraunwv!

Depending on your current Managed WordPress Hosting plan, you will be able to accomplish this in one of two ways:

1. If you have a Pro Managed WordPress
    2. If you do not have a Pro Managed WordPress

Option 1: You can download a complete copy of a Pro Managed WordPress site anytime. You can also select specific files or folders to download instead of the complete site.

Option 2: You can download files from your Managed WordPress account with SFTP. You can use any FTP client to do this, such as FileZilla.

If you should have anymore questions GoDaddy is available 24/7, chat or phone call.

@SG4101 So we have the Ultimate Managed WordPress Websites.  I am not sure exactly what that means.

Thanks

Hello @bbraunwv!

Since your current plan is Ultimate Managed WordPress, option 2 would be the best option.

I would also recommend reaching out to support directly for an account review to verify if your hosting plan does include a download feature of your backups. There is a chat feature to contact support and support is available also via phone 24/7.

I have included links that is a step-by-step guide on how to connect to your site via SFTP and download the files to your desired location (either computer or drive)

If you do not have a Pro Managed WordPress

If you should have anymore questions GoDaddy is available 24/7, via chat or phone.

View solution in original post