• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Managed WordPress SMTP configure

Hi, I am using Managed Wordpress Pro 5 Package. I have a contact form in my site, that sends a email to my secondary account. However, the sender's email address is wordpress@[domain_name].com. Where [domain_name] is the domain name of my site. 

I want to alter the sender email address. I dont currently have any email packages on the godaddy. Even if I did, how can I configure managed wordpress site to use different SMTP.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Managed WordPress SMTP configure

@rustyonrampage 

This is actually not an SMTP issue but rather a WordPress configuration - This is a standard setup with WordPress and is done to help with SPAM. Contact Form 7 for example requires you to use an email at the domain name for sending. 

I found that for the most part the default built in server mail functionality works fine. For the few sites where I had an issue. I used Amazon SES ($0.10/1000 emails sent) and it worked fine

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community