• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

On Managed Wordpress Site BACK UP restore keeps failing at 70%

When I try to restore my managed WordPress site using GoDaddy's restore tool, it keeps failing at 70%. See screenshot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz6c123be22ldhf/Screenshot%202020-05-05%2008.04.05.png?dl=0

At times, this page does not load at all, so I am stuck with a blank website https://axurewidgets.com/

4 REPLIES 4
    Employee

Hello @hellomarcoliver !

I am sorry to hear that your restore is stuck at 70% and the site is currently a white screen. I went to your site and debug mode is enabled, which shows the errors on the site.

Restoring the site will only bring the site back up to the date of restore and will not fix the problem that caused the site to go down in the first place. I highly advise to reach out to GoDaddy Support via phone or chat, they are available 24/7. 

There is another option to purchase WordPress Premium Support Credits which go towards tasks completed by WordPress experts. Every task in the WordPress Premium Support catalog costs one credit, regardless of the amount of time taken. All plans include Site Recovery. WordPress Premium Support is It’s a subscription-based service, available 24/7/365, that provides assistance or fixes for WordPress-related issues that come up at a moment’s notice. I am including the link if should choose to purchase WordPress Premium Support Credits:

WordPress Premium Support

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat free of charge to assist with account specific questions.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

I cannot even access GoDaddy's managing tools – why invest in another 'offering' that fails?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jra632uti4e6c9/Screenshot%202020-05-05%2010.58.07.png?dl=0

Hello @hellomarcoliver !

I had mistakenly left out that this is 2 separate issues and that I had provided 2 solutions, I apologize if I had sounded as if I was only offering one solution only.

There are two issues that need to be addressed, your restore is stuck at 70% and the site is currently a white screen. The reason for there being two issues is that restoring the site will only bring the site back up to the date of restore and will not fix the problem that caused the site to go down in the first place. 

GoDaddy Support will be able to assist with both issues. After completing an account review if GoDaddy Support determines it was content related that caused the white screen then the next step were to purchase WordPress Premium Support Tickets or find a WordPress Expert that can assist with content related issues. 

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat free of charge to assist with account specific questions.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

Hi @SG4101 and @hellomarcoliver  ,

Is there a backup of the site that WAS working prior to the error?   As I understand the backup there is a local daily backup with a 30-day retention.  Am I correct in this?   

While I agree that there may be two problems,  the restoration of the backup is indeed independent of the second problem.  A backup is made to return to a working site.  It would really be nice if GoDaddy did explain exactly what this local backup is and the the risks of not having a second alternative.  

If there is the 30 day retention, why can't a WORKING backup be used instead of the "latest"?  One purpose of maintaining the 30 retention cycle is to have a fail/safe for making site changes.  If one cannot return to a working site via a backup, what's the use of it?

I've written several times about MWP backups, and suggest using the Pro panel and a third-party storage.  However,  it seems in this case unless there is a server problem itself there should be a usable local backup.  Perhaps we can investigate a bit more closely and see if we can find a working backup?

@hellomarcoliver, I will encourage you to get a GoDaddy Pro dashboard which is free.  That dashboard provides a much stronger backup than just the local that is provided.   It also has several other features like performance monitoring, seo enhancement and tools, and maintenance automation.   Very good tool.

Perhaps there is still a solution.

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites