• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Security

I am currently on the Ultimate Managed Wordpress plan and I would like to know if this plan offers protection against hackers?

I understand that there is a Web Security Essential included in the package that offers protection against malware and has a daily scan.

However, does it help to identify potential security problems and suggest ways to resolve the problem(s)?

Cos I have this plugin (Wordfence) installed and recently, I keep getting notifications that an IP address from Ukraine has been trying to login to the site (too many failed login attempts) using an account name that doesn't exist. Should I be worried about potential hacking/website security issues? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Security

Hi @celebrian. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

Good question. There are multiple fronts that need to be secured when dealing with websites. Our security team takes care of securing the server environment itself. The Website Security product monitors your website files for suspicious activity. A plugin like Wordfence focuses on securing the WordPress environment itself. 

To put it another way, imagine you live in a house within a gated community. The community itself is protected by the gate guard (server security). Even though the gate will keep most unwanted visitors out, it won't work for visitors that look like they have a reason to be there. For extra protection, you would still probably lock your doors (Wordfence). However, you may also install a security system in case someone gets past the gate and your locks (Website Security). Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.