• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

W3 Total Cache Error

Hi all!

I've recently transferred my wordpress site over to GoDaddy, where my domain is. Now when I go into the Wordpress admin page and try to do anything it comes up with this error:

W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /home/content/n3pnexwpnas02_data02/68/3839968/html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/n3pnexwpnas02_data02/68/3839968/html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php:26) in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas02_data02/68/3839968/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

Any advice please? GoDaddy doesn't seem to have the option to raise a support ticket. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: W3 Total Cache Error

I've managed to fix the problem so I thought I'd put it here in case it is of use to anyone else. 

When Wordpress transferred my Wordpress site they 'kindly' deleted a plugin they do not support called W3 Cache. However it didn't uninstall properly and mess up my admin controls. 

I had to FTP into my site and manually remove all the elements. Here's a link to a website which explains exactly what you need to remove. 

https://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-delete-uninstall-w3-total-cache-wordpress-plugin.html

New

I was just dealing with the same problem, today. The solution is to delete the advanced-cache.php file inside your wp-content folder.

I just ran into this error after moving my hosting over to GoDaddy. How do I find the wp- content folder on my wordpress dashboard?

Solution

@jhuget23,

It is not found on your dashboard. You'll have to FTP into the server (FTP info is on the dashboard). From there you can navigate to the folder. The free Filezilla software is a great tool for FTP.

Web Design Solutions Unleashed • https://web-design-solutions-unleashed.com/