• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

transfer of hosting without any downtime?

I want to transfer my website best tennis guru hosting on godaddy hosting how i can transfer them without any downtime and at this time i only bought starter package. which package is suitable to handle 20k views for my site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

You can Move your website to GoDaddy @william9901 but the "without downtime" might prove to be tricky? Even if you do all of the prepwork ahead of time you will still need to Transfer your domain to GoDaddy. Because domain changes can occasionally take awhile I usually plan these changes between 2AM and 5AM. I find that mostly I can make these kinds of migrations with limited downtime, virtually going unnoticed to website visitors. You might even be able to do this in stages by Changing nameservers for your domain? Please note that any domain change can take time to propagate. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

You can Move your website to GoDaddy @william9901 but the "without downtime" might prove to be tricky? Even if you do all of the prepwork ahead of time you will still need to Transfer your domain to GoDaddy. Because domain changes can occasionally take awhile I usually plan these changes between 2AM and 5AM. I find that mostly I can make these kinds of migrations with limited downtime, virtually going unnoticed to website visitors. You might even be able to do this in stages by Changing nameservers for your domain? Please note that any domain change can take time to propagate. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post