cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
Helper I

Accidentally cancel my domain name

i purchased a deluxe hosting plan for 1 year and included 1 free domain. ciudadmedicalzam.com last october 27,2016 then i started uploading my local website to goaddy. but suddenly on october 28 2016, i accidentally cancel my domain name on my account. how can i recover it to put back on my account.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution

Re: Accidentally cancel my domain name

Hi @ciudadmedical, I'm glad you came to the community to ask about this. In most cases you can contact Support and they can restore your domain within a few days of an accidental cancellation.

Just don't delay, contact them as soon as you can to correct this unintended cancellation.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Former Employee
Solution

Hi @ciudadmedical, I'm glad you came to the community to ask about this. In most cases you can contact Support and they can restore your domain within a few days of an accidental cancellation.

Just don't delay, contact them as soon as you can to correct this unintended cancellation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I

hi there Thomas D,
i always visit the help section in the site to chat someone from the technical support but everytime i checked "chat is always offline" is there anyway that someone from the technical support assist me on this matter. 😥
Highlighted
Helper I

or there is any email that i can send or ticket to send them. i need to fix thi or else my boss will really gat mad at me. T_T
Highlighted

Godaddy phone support won't do anything to help you if you are in the military!

Highlighted
Helper I

what do you mean by if im in military?
Highlighted

@jmwloup5110,

I'm not sure what you mean by this either as we proudly support our troops. 

@ciudadmedical

We don't offer email as we've transitioned to live support. You'll need to contact our support team by phone using the number listed above or any of our additional numbers listed here.

If you're unable to call, you're welcome to try chat. However, keep in mind Chat teams are only on Mon-Fri 5AM - 6PM (UTC-7). You should be able to start a session using the chat button located on the top or bottom of this page when they're available. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Highlighted
New

Cancelled domain, now need it again. How?

I recently cancelled my domain name subscription and now with my business going again I need it to use again. How can we do this?

Highlighted
Former Employee

Re: Cancelled domain, now need it again. How?

Greetings @JeffL, You said recently, but did not provide a time frame, so I'm going to refer you to support. If it's just been a few days, you may be fine, much longer and domains can be released for sale.

It will depend on the extension (.COM, .NET, .ORG...) and how long it's been.

I strongly suggest you contact them today.

Highlighted
New

It was a .com, and it was October when it got cancelled.

Highlighted
Former Employee

I understand @JeffL, that's more to go on, but that's quite a while ago, and as much as I'd like to, we can't do anything to reactivate or redeem it here. Support can resolve this for you quickly at  x.co/247support

Highlighted
New

cancelled domain name

I want to take back this cancelled domain name. How i do? Please tell me.

Highlighted

Hello, I just did cancel my domain as well by accident. I'm currently abroad and cannot call american phone number from here. How can I contact support other way? Or can you help me?