cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Bid on an auction, paid for it but it's still not in my account. How long does it take?

I won the bid at a auction on the 19 October, paid then too, domain is still not in my account, should it take this long?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Auction question

Hey Vicki988! 

It can take up to 7 days for a domain you won in auction to be moved to your account after it has been paid. You can also reach out to auctions@godaddy.com if you have any questions about this process. 

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks, it is now today telling me "Email Seller for details" which I have never had to do before.

"Transfer status:

Pending transfer-in.
Recommended action:
We're verifying your domain information. Please check back in a few minutes." been saynig this for days.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vicki988 - When you win a domain on GoDaddy Auctions, you shouldn't need to take any action to get the domain into your account. If the domain is registered outside of GoDaddy, then a domain transfer takes place, which it sounds like that's where things are now. Domain name transfers can take from 5-7 days, so if you don't see any change in the status within that time, please feel free to reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have thanks, person saying they can't get the auth code (not on Godaddy) but I told them to go ask the support.

Solution

Hi @Vicki988,

If the seller is unable to get the authorization code, your best option may be to send an email to auctions@godaddy.com. They can let you know the status of the domain and whether or not you can transfer it from another registrar. You may also check a whois directory to see if the domain was just created in the last 60 days or whether that registrar has a lock on the domain. If so, you'll want to create an account at the same registrar as the domain, moving the domain to take possession, then transferring it later when it has matured beyond the 60-day limit.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support