cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy an expired domain

I am considering to buy a domain with .com which have already expired. It's been 23 days. I am not sure, however, when the grace period for that domain will end, how long will it take to get to auction? Does anyone have a ballpark figure regarding this? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Buy an expired domain

@countyboy wrote:

I am considering to buy a domain with .com which have already expired. It's been 23 days. I am not sure, however, when the grace period for that domain will end, how long will it take to get to auction? Does anyone have a ballpark figure regarding this? Thanks

@countyboy It's usually around the 30 day mark that it will enter into a 10 day auction, if its a good domain you can expect that there will be competition for it. Once the auction ends you'll pay for the domain and then the domain will be placed into your account within 6-7 days. I'd start checking the domain every day around the 30 day expiration point. Once it goes to auction there will be a landing page right on the domain directing you to the auction.

---

Re: Buy an expired domain

@justingodfrey
Recently my domain got expired, and i have renewed it successfully, but the domain is not appearing in my account, i have been waiting for 1 week. what should i do?