cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't Transfer Domain away from GoDaddy - no auth code sent

I want to transfer a couple of domain names away from GoDaddy and managed to do so with two .com names, unlocked it, clicked the move away option and received the auth code.

But with a .eu domain name I already tried three times but do not receive any auth code. It is 100% not in my spam box and I am sure the administrative mail address is correct.

---
ERROR: Keyboard not found, press any key to continue.
6 REPLIES 6
New

Re: Can't Transfer Domain away from GoDaddy - no auth code sent

Tried getting an auth code again today, nothing received.

Anybody from GoDaddy who can help me with this?

---
New

GoDaddy? You around? Help?

---
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PHdJ. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing this unless there's a problem with the registration itself. You'll probably need to get in touch with our support team so they can take a closer look at the situation. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper V

I am not sure of the details of transferring from GoDaddy but I have transferred a few to GoDaddy and to/from other registrars. Here are some general guidelines.

Be sure you have your email address correct. The transfer procedure usually involves the other registrar sending a message to the address in the registry for the domain. GoDaddy supports forwarding the messages to us if we have privacy enabled but they must have a valid email address to to do that.

On the subject of privacy, most registrars require us to remove privacy. That seems very not nice but that is how they work. It is not clear to me that GoDaddy requires that but probably they do too.

Ensure you have transfers enabled. Typically we disable transfers to protect our domains from being transferred (as in stolen) when we do not want that to happen. Yes it is bizarre that that could happen but that's life.

Highlighted
New

Thanks for all replies!

In the meanwhile I have called GoDaddy support and apparently with transferring an .eu domain name more action is required.

I am not sure what actions exactly and why the system doesn't mention this and even tells you the auth code has been mailed (time after time) but they've escalated the case and I am now waiting for further notice.

Will keep you posted.

As a side note: I really, really hate having - to call - for support and not being able to submit a ticket or to chat (GoDaddy's always 'busy').
This is inefficient, at least for clients; it costs way more time and effort to get an issue communicated like that and there's no log kept like with a ticket system which every other host uses.
The only reasons I can think of that GoDaddy does this is to discourage clients from using support and/or it is somehow way cheaper.

---
New
Solution

They have manually mailed me the auth code without further explanation ...

In the end this worked of course but doesn't inform me about what caused the issue and if this is normal with .eu domain names. Luckily I have no more .eu domain names with GoDaddy.

---