cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can't delete host records / A records

Hi!
I have a domain, which was linked to a shopify store.
Shopify added some A records (host @ and host *) with the corresponding ip address to my goDaddy domain.

Now I want to change my domain name to a different shop. I deleted the link to my domain in the shopify store.

But I cannot delete the record (host @) in my GoDaddy control panel (there is no action: delete/edit behind the record.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee

Re: Can't delete host records / A records

Hiya @MikeN!

Welcome to the community! You should have the option to edit your A record. If it's missing, there may be something else at work here. I'd recommend contacting our support team so they can have a look and see why that option isn't available.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am trying to edit my A record, but don't show an A record on the list! Now what do I do??

Hey @RebelAngelRuth,

Glad to have you join us!

If you're A record is missing, you should be able to just add it using the steps here. If you can't edit or add any records at all, you should reach out to our live support so they can help look into this further. 

Let us know if you get this worked out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Can't delete host records / A record

i have the same problem, can i get some help please

New
Solution

Re: Can't delete host records / A record

I just had this problem and got here from a Google search. 

Here's the solution

On the My Products page, there is a DNS and Manage button next to the domain name.

In the Manage page, there is a link to Manage Connection

This is where I found the Shopify connection. Removing that allowed me to access to the DNS A record again.