cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain stuck on Pending Update

Hi, i have change my Name servers over 48h ago and nothing happens so have change my dns to godaddys one and my domain is now not pointing to old or new IP and is stuck on Pending Update from over 8h how to fix that ?

43 REPLIES 43
New

Re: Domain stuck on Pending Update

after 24 hours domain have status: Reconcile from another 10h domain is not working, have no dns at all from 3 days!!!!!

New

Hi, i have change my Name servers  and nothing happened Man Sad

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

I'm guessing that you got the standard "Changes can take take 24-48 hours..." but it usually it isn't that long @troq08. I say wait two hours and check back. Sometimes the hamsters that make run on the wheels to make the internet spin are taking a water break. I wouldn't get worried until my changes hadn't changed until 24 hours or so.

What exactly are you expecting to happen when you changed your nameservers anyway? Are you trying to point your domain to hosting elsewhere?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

Hi there,

we also changed the NS of the domain yesterday and are at about 22+ hrs in change. We can't do anything for the moment as it still says "update pending" and the domain is "locked".

How long does this usually take? Their 24/7 support chat is not active and their 24/7 phone number in Asia is not working because it's saturday, lol.

Please advise if this is normal or if we need to take action?

thanks!

Super User I

Can you start by letting us know what you are trying to do @jurryt? I specifically am wondering why you are changing your nameservers, it could be that nothing is supposed to happen? Are you also changing your @ IP address?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

New

Hi there @rd@rd

It just says "pending update" after changing NS, MX etc to different host as the domain needs to be 'native' to another host.

Spoke to godaddy cs yesterday in the US (am located in asia) and they said it can take up to 5 days the "pending update" is resolved?

We are now in day 2/2.5

Edited: details and name

Super User I
Solution

As I said initially, these things can sometimes take awhile @jurryt. Listen to what time frame support is telling you, there is no need to panic if you are in the normal time range. Great that you were able to contact support from your location, I sometimes hear that is an issue for overseas customers. Come back and keep us posted on your progress.

Solution

Hey @DawidR

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you were encountering with your domain DNS settings.

Not sure if you are still needing help, but you may want to call in so our live support can help look into what has happened. Since this is an open discussion forum, no member here is going to have access to your account to review what's causing the pending status. 

Let us know if you manage to get this worked out.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

It would be helpful to get some reasons or solutions other than ring support suggestions.

The same delay seems to be happening when I make changes to hostnames and the existing name servers are not hosted with GoDaddy - Everything seems to hang for few days. Will wait for a few days and see if it clears again. Will post again once I can find the solution or the cause.

Hi, I have the same problem. My domain is pending more then 2 weeks. I can't do anything until domain change.

Please help.

Probably an issue with new ICANN policies. I have been waiting on "Pending Update" issue for over a day now and Support tells me that they are looking into it and should have an answer within 72 hours. 

I have opened three tickets after my domain name has been stuck pending for 6 days now. 

Support is unresponsive and says that they will resolve it when they can. They continually "escalate" my tickets, but they do not receive any kind of response. 

I have gone ahead and filed complaints with the BBB and ICANN. I highly recommend that you do the same. GoDaddy is clearly not interested in helping you, just as they have continued to avoid my issue. 

In the words of the GoDaddy reps, "Sorry, you're out of luck. Just wait for an indefinite period of time and we will resolve the issue at some point."

The background: I purchased a domain and updated the registrant information on 12/1/2016. Since then, the domain has been stuck pending update.

I have opened three tickets but support continues to be unresponsive and says that they will resolve it when they can. They continually "escalate" my tickets, but they do not receive any kind of response. The "advanced support team" will get back to me, however, no one has any way to contact them and I have not heard anything from this mythical group.

I have gone ahead and filed complaints with the BBB and ICANN. I highly recommend that you do the same. GoDaddy is clearly not interested in helping you, just as they have continued to avoid my issue. 

In the words of the GoDaddy reps, "Sorry, you're out of luck. Just wait for an indefinite period of time and we will resolve the issue at some point." I kid you not, this was the response.

What You Can Do

What I Will Do

I will continue to call GoDaddy daily until this issue is resolved. I will also post any updates I receive from GoDaddy, ICANN, or the BBB. If the issue continues to go unresolved, I will escalate it via legal means and provide instructions on how you can do the same.

Helper II

did you confirm changes via message sent to email used to be on record of the update?

New

Having the same problem here. I opened a ticket yesterday evening, was told that it should progress in the next 24 hours. There's less than 12 hours left, we shall see.

Yes we confirmed the changes over 6 days ago. Support states that this is a "known issue" but is unable to resolve it.

New

We are having the exact same issue. On the phone with support now.

I called today and opened up my fourth ticket. It has once again been escalated, but there are no new developments. Let me know if you heard anything different.

Hi
I'm having the same issue for last 5 days!
My domain is stuck!
Is anyone have solved this issue? Plz let me know
Thanks

Same issue.  Smiley Sad

I have the same issue.  Please post if you get a resolution.  I have talked to 3 different customer service reps today who seem to be reading a script, not actually addressing the issue.  The first 2 told me there was a known issue on their end that would be resolved in the next few hours.  The third rep said they were unaware of any issue and I must not have approved the change via my email link (I did).  

Still no resolution.....

New

I have the answer but I am denied.... This is ridiculous. Ask to speak with the Domain Services Department.

New

I had the same issue, domain stuck in pending update since Dec 3rd or maybe even before that possibly. We had transferred the domain recently and updated the contact info after the Dec 1st ICANN policy update. With the new ICANN update it now requires for the previous and new email addresses to both be verified when updating the registrant info. If you like I do not have access to the previously registered email you will have to follow the instructions: New ICANN Registrant Update Requirements

I followed the instructions and submitted the request to change@godaddy.com on Dec 3rd but here's the gotcha... The department that processes these requests is called the Domain Services Department and only works Monday through Friday from 6a to 4p MST.

Today Dec 8th, I called support and requested for the Domain Services Department to process my request. Don't let up on them because the rep I got didn't even know the department existed and even after he got the department on chat the 2nd tier "tech" was insisting that I needed to resubmit the request I had already submitted. After giving the exact date and time of my request the tech processed the request and said the domain would be unlocked in 24 hours. Imagine that just hours later (evening Dec 8th) my domain has finally unlocked so I can now change my name servers...

New
New

I had the same issue, domain stuck in pending update since Dec 3rd or maybe even before that possibly. We had transferred the domain recently and updated the contact info after the Dec 1st ICANN policy update. With the new ICANN update it now requires for the previous and new email addresses to both be verified when updating the registrant info. If you like I do not have access to the previously registered email you will have to follow the instructions: New ICANN Registrant Update Requirements

I followed the instructions and submitted the request to change@godaddy.com on Dec 3rd but here's the gotcha... The department that processes these requests is called the Domain Services Department and only works Monday through Friday from 6a to 4p MST.

Today Dec 8th, I called support and requested for the Domain Services Department to process my request. Don't let up on them because the rep I got didn't even know the department existed and even after he got the department on chat the 2nd tier "tech" was insisting that I needed to resubmit the request I had already submitted. After giving the exact date and time of my request the tech processed the request and said the domain would be unlocked in 24 hours. Imagine that just hours later (evening Dec 8th) my domain has finally unlocked so I can now change my name servers...

Greetings @AyoUke,

Thank you for sharing that link, I think it's very helpful to the community at large. I came here this morning to post the same and it appears you beat me to it. - Nicely done.

We DO care about your technical issues, but please realize this is an ICANN-related change many registrars and customers are struggling with. In addition, the volume / queue is being increased due to the fact that so many folks that have transferred in (and at other times) did not keep their contact information current causing confirmation emails to go to stale email addresses. Therefore they have to wait out an update reset. Due to regulatory restrictions and requirements these can (regrettably) take up to 5 days to clear. Note: If it has not cleared in 5 days, that is definitely an escalation.

We have tried to preclude this issue for years by sending email reminders to keep WHOIS data current. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to tell an email address is no longer valid by it's appearance alone and we have to rely on account holders and registrants to follow through.

Please consider this before taking actions that may tie up additional staff who are already working around the clock to clear a known issue affecting some customers. We are addressing the backlog as a priority and responding to third party contact inquiries is something we WILL do for you, but it may not bring the results we all desire any faster.

It doesn't make the update time pass faster, but I hope that helps.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

@T-3D @AyoUke

This process does not work. I confirmed my email address 9 days ago yet the domain is still pending update. 

I've called GoDaddy every day since then and they continue to blame it on ICANN. No one seems to understand that I have confirmed both the old and new emails. I even received an email from GoDaddy stating the change had gone through when it had not. This is truly pathetic.

And please don't even mention escalations. According to support, I have four "escalated" tickets, all of which have not received a reply. 3 of the 4 were opened over 3 days ago, still with no response. 

I have filed a formal complaint with ICANN stating that GoDaddy is failing to comply with their domain WHOIS update process and I advise that others do the same. 

Bottom line: escalate it all you want, but truly if you cared, you would solve the issue or at least give me a personal response. 9 days of waiting is simply ridiculous. 

If it were possible, I would fix the issue immediately. However, as I have previously noted, we cannot address account-specific issues in this forum. It appears from the statement(s) made above that escalations are in process which I can neither expedite, nor examine here.

Please use those channels to resolve this. It is a known issue with some registration records and the concerned technical staff are applying themselves to the effort. In the meantime, opening additional channels of inquiry on the same subject can slow rather than speed up the process.

New

Hello,

My domain is stuck at the Pending Update for 5 days now.

And I can't change my NS.

Any Help With This !!

Very unhappy with GD services.  I have been trying to update my contact addresses ' Registrant, admin, etc. and continue to get a "format errors".  I have chatted with GD and told they were working on the problem.  this is now 5th day with no action from GD. I no longer have the email listed in my contact info as I have retired from that organization.  I received the "approval" email at my new email address and approved the action, however no resolution. Is a complaint to the FCC what it takes to get some satisfaction to a very simple issue?  updates to contact info is supposed to be simple, according to GD chat folks.  I am curious if anyone has suggestions for how to get GD to move on this?

sincerely,

FRUSTRATED Customer

Hi,

I am in a similar situation and getting no help how or what I need to do to update the details and get my authorisation code. 

I have spend so much time and being told support can't help and I can only email the change team whom are just providing auto generated emails or information that makes no sense. 

HELP!!!!

I'm also facing the same issue right now ! 😞

Hi, I think I got a similar issue to you.

I was about to change nameservers info, but it asked me to verify my contact info. I tried updating my contact info and then it went into this pending update status. I assume it is trying to send an email to my previous email address, which doesnt exist any more. SO, perhaps it is stuck in some limbo state. I sent an email yesterday to change@godaddy.com, but have yet to hear anything back. I will try and get through to this domain service department.

New

Same situation here. 

I bought a domain from the Godaddy auction, and changed the contact information about a week ago. I waited until now as it's still pending for updates.

I am unable to make any changes to my name server, or contact information now. It's 'Locked'. I sent the verification documents to change@godaddy.com, but no reply yet. If this were not solved within the given period, I am thinking of disputing my purchase to GoDaddy on PayPal.

Count your blessings.

GoDaddy insist that my website is registered to Bollocks and will not accept a copy of my driving licence as proof of identity.

They have suspended my account.

This so called company is being run by the most pig-ignorant turds on the planet.

I would advise you to run a mile.

godaddy is a sht..

i have the same problem.. stupd.. pending status.. wasting my time.

Hi, I have registered domain recently and I want to change domain user info email but can't as It is showing Pending Update.

New

Hey Folks

Hope you are all well...

I registered a new domain (an .fr domain) and it has been stuck on pending registration for almost 3 days now. Any idea why that may be?

Also, I used the Domain trustee option because I'm not a French resident but someone mentioned to me that using this option means I won't be able to transfer the domain to another Godaddy user or transfer the domain out? Is this correct? (if so, how can I cancel the trustee option and rather use an friends address and phone number) 

Look forward to some feedback from someone who might know whats plotting 🙂

Thanks peeps....

Greetings @Daryln , 

Thanks for the post. I'd love to solve the .FR issue your describing, but we can't access specific accounts in The Community.

However, what follows is the best overview of .FR domains we have. I suggest you read through it and then contact 24/7 support to resolve the "pending" issue and perhaps any other questions you still have after reading this.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-fr-domains-5754

I hope that helps,

For me, recently, it was over twelve hours. I telephone GoDaddy's 24 hour support, to ensure everything was going okay. They said it was. I went to bed, and in the morning, all was well.

Out of 30-50 domains, this was the first time it had ever happened.

I think when an excessive amount of time passes you should just file a small claims lawsuit against them. I bet it gets resolved right away after that.

Hi, i have change my Name servers over 48h ago and nothing happens so have change my dns to godaddys one and my domain is now not pointing to old or new IP and is stuck on Pending Update from over 8h how to fix that ?