cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain (subdirectory) redirect not working

I am trying to redirect a domain/subdirectory to a new domain, but it's not redirecting.

There is a new site up at a new domain (where I'm trying to redirect to), but there is still a Wordpress site active at the old domain/subdirectory because there are some pages/posts that were very popular and they would ideally stay up for any press links or for anybody who bookmarked them.

There was another subdirectory that I was able to successfully redirect only after removing the Wordpress site that lived there.

It doesn't seem like it should matter. Shouldn't this work?

Thanks!

Randy

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain (subdirectory) redirect not working

Hi @randykato. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Redirects can get tricky, especially if there is more than one domain involved. In most cases, if you're hosting your site on a Linux/Apache server, this is handled by adding a .htaccess file to the directory you're redirecting from. My suggestion would be to look for online tools that help script this type of file. If you can provide the specific domains/directories here, along with any scripting you're already using, that might help others offer more specific suggestions. Hope you're able to figure this out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.