cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

E-mail forwarding does not work with Gmail

Dears

I have got 3 domains here. On of them I have set up e-mail forwarding that comes free with domain to my gmail personal e-mail. It worked and works fine. Now I try to set up the same on my other domain here, with the same settings and to the same gmail address. It is set up, but forwarding does not work, as e-mails I sent to test forwarding do not reach that gmail account and after some time I receive the below error report from the sending mail server.

Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.
Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.
For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361

Please, help. Thank you in advance.

Elkhan
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: E-mail forwarding does not work with Gmail

Hi @Elkhan. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Based on that error, it sounds like Gmail is refusing the message you're trying to send to it for some reason. I'm not sure why the forwarding would work in one case and not the other. If you can share the domain name, that may give others enough information to offer a suggestion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.