cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I bought Alternativechauffage.com for a friend years ago. The domain is parked on the same server since a while and I never modified anything. Recently, the domain stopped resolving and we are getting error ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

My server management company said there is no problem on the server and asked me to contact registrar. It's not a usual propagation issue because we have been having this problem since over 1 week on different locations and different machines, also tested with multiple proxies. 

I would appreciate some help with this,

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Employee
Employee

Re: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Your site is pointing to the nameservers ns1.LIBERTAIRE.NET and ns2.LIBERTAIRE.NET

I don't get a response from those nameservers when I test from digwebinterface.com

Highlighted
New

I copied your reply to my server management company and here's the reply

Hello

Just provide them below link

intodns.com/alternativechauffage.com

and they are resolving fine.

-- 
Thank you,

Milan Pitroda
MIPIT Technologies Pvt Ltd

New

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Hello,
My website: www.dynamexinc.co.uk started displaying "Server IP address could not be found" error today whenever visited. Please what do I do?
Thanks

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Hello,

This has been going on since I bought my name, I am getting the error ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
When I try to go to it, my website is using IP Board software and I even contacted them, the told me the name servers to point my domain to, i did that over 2 days ago and im still getting this, my domain is egs-clan.com please help
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @ZombiesEatStuff. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This error could be caused by the DNS for your domain not resolving. However, most often it is caused by caching within the network that you're using. There's a great 3rd party write up about how to resolve this here. I'd give those suggestions a try. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I bought a domain name 4 days ago for a new site that I host. I registered the name with Dotster, just like all of the other sites I host, and I pointed the nameservers to ns41.domaincontrol.com and ns42.domaincontrol.com just like all of my other sites. All of my other sites work, but the new one gives me the name not resolved error. I have triple checked the nameservers on Dotster, and I have the domain set up on GoDaddy just like all of my other sites that do come up. I can't figure out what's wrong. The site is mg-makeup.com.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Webmaster54. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! More than likely, those aren't the correct nameservers for your domain. Each domain added to hosting in our system is dynamically assigned a set of nameservers. They won't always be the same as other domains hosted in your account. Please take a look at this article for more information about finding the correct nameservers for your domain. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you, I was able to find the nameservers for that domain. Can you tell me why all of the other 5 domains that I own use the same nameserver but this one does not?