cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Entered Godaddy nameservers to domain bought at Namecheap. Now I get "403 Forbidden error."

I bought a domain from namecheap yesterday and pointed it to godaddy's nameservers ( ie. I added godaddy's name servers to it on namecheap). Namecheap tell me that the domain is indeed pointing to those nameservers now but it's been over 24 hours and I'm still getting a 403 - Forbidden error message every time I check the url. 

I've been searching the community here for advice, but can't find any. I'm not sure what else I can do at his stage.

1 REPLY 1
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Entered Godaddy nameservers to domain bought at Namecheap. Now I get "403 Forbidden error.&

Hi,

Forbidden errors display when somebody tries to access a directory, file, or script without appropriate permissions. For example, if a script is readable only to the user and others cannot access the file, they'll see a 403 error. Invalid index files and empty directories can also cause 403 errors. You most likely have the domain pointed towards the correct nameservers, but you could be missing the "index" file, that would depend on what hosting you are currently using. Hopefully this helps! If you need more assistance please reach into support so an agent can take a further look.