cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Even I purchase a domain but I can't use it and who is showin this domain don't belong to godaddy

Hi I have purchaed i domain call apa.com form godaddy on feb/2019 with domain with Private Domain Registration and got a domain xn--80aa1c.com ,
when now i try to use my domain apa.com i can't use it, what ever change I made its reflect to xn--80aa1c.com but not in apa.com , try to with godaddy support but they refuse to understand the issue .
I check who is where I can see this domains not even hold by godaddy it's belong to networksolutions.com . I have the bill which proved that I purchase this domain for 2 year and not geting proper help form godaddy as they are refuse to understand my problem all. 

godaddy.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@senrysa   That is correct.  The domain name system was originally created with ASCII, your registration is in Unicode which needs to be converted to work.  The 3 letter .com domains were registered early on, usually with the newer domain registries launch they get auctioned to the highest bidder.  If the current owner is willing to sell they'll probably expect quite a lot of money because it's pretty exclusive, or they may be unwilling to sell.  You may want to consider adding a keyword to be able to register a domain, for example apaindustry.com (replacing industry with the type of business you're in) or apalocality.com (replacing locality with a short name for the area you service).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

It appears you purchased an Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) which is traditionally used to register a domain in another language with letters or characters that were not included in the original system.  xn--80aa1c is a punnycode in ASCII that looks like apa when converted to Unicode, but they are not the same.

https://www.verisign.com/en_US/channel-resources/domain-registry-products/idn/idn-conversion-tool/in...

Unfortunately "apa.com" and all other 3 letter domains have already been registered with .com long ago.

so is that mean i don't own apa.com  ?

@senrysa   That is correct.  The domain name system was originally created with ASCII, your registration is in Unicode which needs to be converted to work.  The 3 letter .com domains were registered early on, usually with the newer domain registries launch they get auctioned to the highest bidder.  If the current owner is willing to sell they'll probably expect quite a lot of money because it's pretty exclusive, or they may be unwilling to sell.  You may want to consider adding a keyword to be able to register a domain, for example apaindustry.com (replacing industry with the type of business you're in) or apalocality.com (replacing locality with a short name for the area you service).

View solution in original post

at the time of it purchase it's showing available  so i just buy it and now i can't even use it . felll really confuse in my domain I can see apa.com but can;t do a things