cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Forwarding not working without www?

Hey there! My apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum or if this seems like a repeat ask. I've spent the last two days reading through previous posts and can't seem to work through the problem no matter what I try.

We just did a brand revamp, and I want to forward our old domain to our new one so I don't have to update a million links and evergreen videos already set up in the internet void. I'm currently running into a problem with my forwarding not working without the www in front of my domain - which has never happened to me before? 

Current Situation: 

www.printthatthing.us (forwards correctly to) www.ptt.live

printthatthing.us (does not forward to) www.ptt.live 

I'd like them both to forward to ptt.live. As many of our members/clients type the original domain (printthatthing.us) directly into the browser and then complain that the site is down even though www.printthatthing.us works fine. Originally printthatthing.us was hosted through wix, but we've recently changed the nameservers back to godaddy in hopes to do a generic forward as described above.

ptt.live is hosted on thinkific.com which connects through cnames and a www.ptt.live forward. We also use A records for affiliate subdomains on ptt.live. It took us a minute to figure out how to get it all to work as I've never set up a domain/subdomains this way before. My knowledge/understanding is limited so I might have messed something up along the way?  

PrintThatThing.Us Details

domainIssue_1.PNGdomainIssue_2.PNG

We tried a forward to just ptt.live and that didn't seem to work. It worked with the www almost immediately. But only if we used www.printthatthing.us.  

PTT.LIVE DETAILS

domainissue_3.PNGdomainissue_4.PNG

Again, my knowledge is very basic so any assistance would be magical. 

Thanks in advance,

- Jwall.

Jwall
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@jwall06 

I just tested and both with and without the domain forward as expected

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@jwall06 

I just tested and both with and without the domain forward as expected

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post