cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Getting too many "expired domains" emails

Getting 1-2 emails is ok, getting 6+ emails with 'urgent', 'drama, you're going to lose your domain', etc for domains you don't care about is harassment.

Is there a way to disable notifications for expiring / expired domains?

I stopped hosting servers at godaddy years ago, even though the service was very good, because every phone call was met with some upsell attempt. And now, I'm getting harassed by email but at the same time, it's really insulting because they don't allow to email back.

So, how can I disable notifications? or, like the servers, should I move domains to another company as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @thomasd3,

Welcome to the Community!

You can limit the amount of communications from GoDaddy, but the renewal emails for products will not change. It is a high priority at GoDaddy to minimize the number of customers who lose their domains through non-renewal. (Not everyone responds to just one reminder.) You will receive 5 emails prior to expiration and 3 following, if renewal fails for any reason. 

The reminders for the products have been determined by years of review over crucial points in the renewal process, and are not able to be customized for each product. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Former Employee

Greetings @thomasd3 ,

Sure, I understand you want to change your notification level. This should do it for you:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/what-are-account-notifications-20138

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi,

Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all: this article is to explain what the notifications are.

My question is how to get normal expiration notifications such as:

- email: warning, your domain will expire in 1 month

- email: warning, your domain will expire in 1 week

- email: warning, your domain will expire in 3 days

instead of:

- your domain will expire in 3 months

- your domain will expire in 2 months

- your domain will expire in 1 months

- your domain will expire in 2 weeks

- your domain will expire in 1 week

- your domain has expired but you can purchase it back

- your domain has expired but you can still purchase it back

- we want your money, please purchase the domain back

etc...

I'm not getting useful notifications,like from OVH for example, I'm getting desperate spam in a large amount in the hopes of making a sale.

So my question is if there is a way to opt-out of all the marketing crap and just get 1-2 useful notifications and not the 10 or so emails I received.

Hi @thomasd3,

Welcome to the Community!

You can limit the amount of communications from GoDaddy, but the renewal emails for products will not change. It is a high priority at GoDaddy to minimize the number of customers who lose their domains through non-renewal. (Not everyone responds to just one reminder.) You will receive 5 emails prior to expiration and 3 following, if renewal fails for any reason. 

The reminders for the products have been determined by years of review over crucial points in the renewal process, and are not able to be customized for each product. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post