cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

GoDaddy renewed my domain without my permission and won't let me cancel it now

GoDaddy's support pages say that I can cancel the domain renewal at any time but when I try to cancel the renewed domain (the renewal of which was expensive with all the add-ons), I get this message

bummer.png

I was only trying to cancel the next renewal not cancel the entire product (which I didn't want renewed).

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GoDaddy renewed my domain without my permission and won't let me cancel it now

Hi @ak6. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you have Protected Registration with the domain in question. There is a special process for canceling domains that use this service. Once you cancel the Protected Registration, you should be able to cancel the domain or change automatic renewal settings for it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: GoDaddy renewed my domain without my permission and won't let me cancel it now

That's what customer support said. I still don't understand why I received emails telling me that the domain and its add-ons were going to be canceled when they were going to be renewed.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ak6.  It would be hard to say for sure why that happened. I know that we are working on improving the templates that are sent out regarding domain/product renewals. Difficulties can arise if the contact we have for the domain registrant is different than the address we have listed on the account. In that case, we have to send emails to both addresses, but we can't provide specifics to the registrant address. That can sometimes lead to false-positives. I'm sorry if there was any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.