cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Hosting only for subdomain on Godaddy but main domain on another hosting. Possible?

Hello!

I have main website on other hosting and I want to use GoDaddy hosting only for online store as subdomain of my main website, like shop.mysite.com. 

How can I make only subdomain website on Godaddy hosting if the main domain name also managed by GoDaddy? The possibility to make subdomain I found only on CPanel, but to get that CPanel I have to  first connect my main domain with Godaddy hosting. 

Thank you for any reply!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II
Solution

Re: Hosting only for subdomain on Godaddy but main domain on another hosting. Possible?

Hello @MargerrettaArt,

Welcome to Godaddy Community!

You can use a subdomain in different hosting, you just need to point it to correct nameserver of your hosting. For example, your main domain is on different a service, you just need to create a subdomain and edit the DNS of it and after that change the nameserver of it and point it to GoDaddy nameservers. You can get more info on how to do that by going here: https://ph.godaddy.com/help/find-your-websites-nameservers-in-cpanel-hosting-16140

Alright! I hope I answer your question, also if you need more info please let me know. If you find my answer helpful then give a kudos or make it the best answer!

Cheers,

Waren