cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I cant see my domain on the internet

Pls I purchased a domain on Monday, www.9jadifference.com. I redirected it to my blog, but it doesn't want to open after completing the procedure. Pls I need urgent response to this plea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kingpese,

Welcome to the Community.

We're able to see your URL resolve in several browsers. You've noted that you're directing the domain to blogspot, a Google hosting. Take a look at your DNS and be sure you have included the zone files mentioned by their instructions below. 

1. Go to your GoDaddy Domain Manager and access that domain's DNS.
  2. Create 4 A Records - all have a "Host" name of "@" (no quotes) and "points to" the following:
  3. Create a new CNAME entry.
  4. Enter the subdomain name, for example, "www".
  5. Type in the HOST name "ghs.googlehosted.com". This will point your URL to your Google site.
  6. Create a forwarding command below the DNS listings in this GoDaddy account
  7. Forward your domain to itself. For example, yourdomain.com should be forwarded to http://yourdomain.com. (Do not choose masking for this forward.)
  8. This should create a forwarding IP address in the A record of the DNS.

Complete the setup at Google using the following as a guide.

https://support.google.com/sites/answer/9068867?hl=en

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User II

@Kingpese 

Domain redirection can be tricky sometimes. A few questions:

• Are you redirecting it or trying to point the domain to the IP address of where you host your blog?
  • Where are you making the changes? Straight from the GoDaddy Dommain Management area?
  • If it's a standard redirection, what's the domain to actually get to your blog?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I am redirecting it. I have a blog site @ 9jadifference.blogspot.com, and I
went to my blog settings, and put the domain I obtained at godaddy "
www.9jadifference.com" there and followed the steps in redirecting it.
After some few hours I try opening the website but it wasnt connecting

I am redirecting it. I have a blog site @ 9jadifference.blogspot.com, and I
went to my blog settings, and put the domain I obtained at godaddy "
www.9jadifference.com" there and followed the steps in redirecting it.
After some few hours I try opening the website but it wasnt connecting. And different affiliate marketer are saying the site isn't opening

Its a standard redirection and the blog to my site is 9jadifference.blogspot.com

I also face this problem with my newly purchased domain site. But when I am coming here to rais a question I see your problem and I read all the community members' replies. It's really helpful for me and I solve this issue. Now my domain is live on google. Thanks, GoDaddy community.

Hi @smithroger1 ,

Glad you got you problems solved.  Yes, we do have a great team in the community and thank you for participating,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

My site is till not loading up, please I would need someone to help me set up my domain's DNS management

Hi @Kingpese,

Welcome to the Community.

We're able to see your URL resolve in several browsers. You've noted that you're directing the domain to blogspot, a Google hosting. Take a look at your DNS and be sure you have included the zone files mentioned by their instructions below. 

1. Go to your GoDaddy Domain Manager and access that domain's DNS.
  2. Create 4 A Records - all have a "Host" name of "@" (no quotes) and "points to" the following:
  3. Create a new CNAME entry.
  4. Enter the subdomain name, for example, "www".
  5. Type in the HOST name "ghs.googlehosted.com". This will point your URL to your Google site.
  6. Create a forwarding command below the DNS listings in this GoDaddy account
  7. Forward your domain to itself. For example, yourdomain.com should be forwarded to http://yourdomain.com. (Do not choose masking for this forward.)
  8. This should create a forwarding IP address in the A record of the DNS.

Complete the setup at Google using the following as a guide.

https://support.google.com/sites/answer/9068867?hl=en

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post