cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Lost login info, need to renew expired domain

So, i have a problem regarding log information (or any information regarding my domain for that matter). Domain expired few days ago and i can't renew it since i don't have any log in info. We are company and we had outsourced to another company job of taking care of our web page. They did that for years, but in the meantime went out of business and unfortunately they didn't send us any info on our domain, or any contact details GoDaddy had on how to contact them. Right now our web page is not accessible via .com domain. Who can i contact to retrieve the data or is it even possible?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Wow @Vladimir2, that is a tough situation but not unheard of. Actually, it is more common that you know?

I would start out by looking at your domain information at whois.godaddy.com, hopefully your company shows there? If it does it should be relatively simple to gain control of your domain. If your company information does not show there you have a huge hill to climb.

Sadly some companies hold multiple domains and register with their own credentials and that can cause a huge issue in a situation such as yours. The first step is to check your domain registration information. Please come back and let us know what you find on the registration information.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Hi @Vladimir2,

Welcome to the Community!

If the domain is in an old account for which you once had access, you can use this article to reset the password to login. Once logged in, you can renew the domain. 

It sounds as though your domain might be in an account that belongs to another party. You can submit an online request to have the domain moved to an account that you control by going to this link. If that recovery team can't move the domain to you (if you're not the registrant), they will provide you a list of other options to take to recover the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Wow @Vladimir2, that is a tough situation but not unheard of. Actually, it is more common that you know?

I would start out by looking at your domain information at whois.godaddy.com, hopefully your company shows there? If it does it should be relatively simple to gain control of your domain. If your company information does not show there you have a huge hill to climb.

Sadly some companies hold multiple domains and register with their own credentials and that can cause a huge issue in a situation such as yours. The first step is to check your domain registration information. Please come back and let us know what you find on the registration information.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Hi @Vladimir2,

Welcome to the Community!

If the domain is in an old account for which you once had access, you can use this article to reset the password to login. Once logged in, you can renew the domain. 

It sounds as though your domain might be in an account that belongs to another party. You can submit an online request to have the domain moved to an account that you control by going to this link. If that recovery team can't move the domain to you (if you're not the registrant), they will provide you a list of other options to take to recover the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support