cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Missing domain from account, no proof of purchase or address on account.

This has been my first time logging into my go daddy account in about 6 months or so. I remember purchasing a domain in December of 2016, and renewing the domain in December of 2017. However, I logged in just today (after digging through emails to find my customer ID because password recovery emails do not work) and nothing is there. My domain is missing, there is no proof of purchase in the Billing history, not even a Home address, which i remember filling out because I had received mail before. I searched up the whois information about the domain, and I do infarct see it being registered in December of 2016, and 'renewed' in December of 2017. I type in the domain, but it takes me to a Godaddy landing page. I have to pay $70 to TRY and get my website back, from who exactly? I checked every single one of my other emails, and I do not have a Godaddy that I could have transferred it to. Is there any way I can get my site back, besides paying this ridiculous fee? this is a very valuable domain to me. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Missing domain from account, no proof of purchase or address on account.

@Delta65 wrote:

This has been my first time logging into my go daddy account in about 6 months or so. I remember purchasing a domain in December of 2016, and renewing the domain in December of 2017. However, I logged in just today (after digging through emails to find my customer ID because password recovery emails do not work) and nothing is there. My domain is missing, there is no proof of purchase in the Billing history, not even a Home address, which i remember filling out because I had received mail before. I searched up the whois information about the domain, and I do infarct see it being registered in December of 2016, and 'renewed' in December of 2017. I type in the domain, but it takes me to a Godaddy landing page. I have to pay $70 to TRY and get my website back, from who exactly? I checked every single one of my other emails, and I do not have a Godaddy that I could have transferred it to. Is there any way I can get my site back, besides paying this ridiculous fee? this is a very valuable domain to me. 

@Delta65 Something doesn't seem right. If everything matches up I'm wondering if maybe you had two accounts and the domain is in that account. Does the whois show you as being the registrant? https://www.godaddy.com/whois

---

Re: Missing domain from account, no proof of purchase or address on account.

Thank you very much for that link, found the exact email that it was attached to. Phew. Next time, i'll use that whois search page instead. Again, thank you!