cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain do not work without www

I renewed my domain (maryfashionlove.com) 1,5 month ago, before the expiration date, and since then I noticed that my site does not work without www. My clients complain a lot and I can not fix it. I haven't changed the settings as they were perfectly working before the renewal. 

Waiting for your response.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II
Solution

Re: My domain do not work without www

Hello @marykap,

Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

You just need to edit your DNS and click "ADD" button i the bottom of the DNS settings. After that, add the following below.

Type: CNAME

Host: www

Points to: (an IP address of your hosting server for example 216.239.32.21 or your domain name without 'www')

TTL: 1 Hour

and hit save! It should work fine now! Wait for a bit to propagate the changes.

If you find this answer helpful then please leave a kudos or make it the best answer!

As additional, if you need a developer to handle your website then contact me via private chat.

Regards,

Waren

Hello and thank you for your answer.

I tried to add a new type but an error showed up, so I edited the Cname www above and changed the forward from ghs.google.com to maryfashionlove.com. After that, I saved my changes and the maryfashionlove.com is shown as @. I am waiting like 5min and the problem is still here. Did I do something wrong?

Helper II
Helper II

Hello @marykap,

Hello there, the propagation sometimes takes 24hr to 48hrs. Please wait for this time frame is still the same please contact me in my public email.

Email: warengonzaga.dev@gmail.com

Regards,

Waren

Hi Waren,

I have the same problem and tried following your steps but it didn't work, as under "DNS management" i saw "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.".

What should I do?