cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

My domain name was deleted

Hello, GoDaddy Community.

I bought a domain name last year, but since I couldn't find time to manage my blog, I declined renewal earlier this year. I assumed that my domain/name would still be available once I was ready, but now it appears I have to repurchase it. Now, I don't mind doing this, but I'm worried all the progress I made previously would no longer exist, as I've checked an seen an email that says my items have been deleted (Not sure why though). How can this be solved?

Kindly reply as soon as possible. I tried to place a call, but that didn't work.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable
Solution

Re: My domain name was deleted

Hello @thiaplicity,

If you don't pay you can't play, simple as that. If you don't keep up the payments, godaddy doesn't keep up the content. It's your own responsibility to make backups of your work / emails etc.

So if all your services went unpaid for too long (there are redemption / grace periods and you really should speak with support), then godaddy is under no obligation to save all your data.

If you buy your old domain back then it will be a brand-new-out-of-the-box install....................NO content, NO automatic reinstall of data.......

sorry!

Have that chat with support, only if the time elapse isn't too long can they restore your site.

Edit @thiaplicity

if you have a backup of your work that is great 👍 News. It means that a reinstall should be pretty basic. The only thing is your IP address and name servers will change (brand new). That is providing you use the same platform you used to design your site. 

Chat with support before spending hard earned money Cat Happy

https://www.godaddy.pro/AngelHall-Coulston  aka @rammsteinium Cat Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @thiaplicity,

If you don't pay you can't play, simple as that. If you don't keep up the payments, godaddy doesn't keep up the content. It's your own responsibility to make backups of your work / emails etc.

So if all your services went unpaid for too long (there are redemption / grace periods and you really should speak with support), then godaddy is under no obligation to save all your data.

If you buy your old domain back then it will be a brand-new-out-of-the-box install....................NO content, NO automatic reinstall of data.......

sorry!

Have that chat with support, only if the time elapse isn't too long can they restore your site.

Edit @thiaplicity

if you have a backup of your work that is great 👍 News. It means that a reinstall should be pretty basic. The only thing is your IP address and name servers will change (brand new). That is providing you use the same platform you used to design your site. 

Chat with support before spending hard earned money Cat Happy

https://www.godaddy.pro/AngelHall-Coulston  aka @rammsteinium Cat Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@rammsteinium I truly appreciate the support. It came soon enough too!

Yes, I figure being MIA for over a year might not be helpful to my case. Although, per the "progress" I mentioned, I meant in relation to designing the site and whatnot, not my actual content - those I have. But, I guess that's my loss now.

Again, THANK YOU for your response. It gave the clarity I needed. 

Highlighted

I couldn't renew my subscription after the slated time, but after a while, I was debited for renewal. I logged in some days ago, and found out my domain name has been deleted. Why was I debited when the domain name would still be deleted?