cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Point domain on another registrar to GoDaddy addon domain

Hello all!

I have a customer with Domain using Google.  They want to keep their domain and nameservers with Google since someone else manages their email and domain ownership. I have created an addon domain in my cpanel account on godaddy and built a website for it.  My question is:

What entries should I add/change on the DNS to point to the addon domain within my hosting account?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@webdevil99 

You should only have to adjust the main @ record - if www is an A record vs a CNAME you will need to adjust that as well.

You should look at what else is in the DNS zone to make sure they don't have other things pointed to the @ record that would break when you change it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@webdevil99 

You should only have to adjust the main @ record - if www is an A record vs a CNAME you will need to adjust that as well.

You should look at what else is in the DNS zone to make sure they don't have other things pointed to the @ record that would break when you change it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post