cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase parked repossessed domain?

There is a domain that id really like to purchase. When viewing it on GoDaddy it states its parked. When I looked up the Whois I see that is owned by repossesseddomains at godaddy.com. How would I go about purchasing it? What is a repossessed domain?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Purchase parked repossessed domain?

Hi @Jeskablogs

If you wish to purchase a repossessed domain your best option is to contact our customer support. They are able to email the proper department to inquire about the domain name. It is possible that it could be made available for purchase in our auctions at the appropriate time. However, it can only be made available to after a set duration beyond when the domain was repossessed -- in order to provide the original customer the first option to recover the domain. Your first step would be to contact our support team.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

New

Put the Domain under Monitor and Backorder to improve your chances of purchasing such domains

Hi @AMOL1

That's a great idea --a backorder can be a great "Plan B" to getting a repossessed domain. However, a repossessed domain is not the same as an expired domain for which one would usually employ a backorder. 

A repossessed domain that has no request for it (through the means mentioned in the previous reply) can take 43 days AFTER it's expiration date (as much as a year in the future) before a backorder could pick it up when returned to the registry. 

Thanks for the input!

-TLH

been trying to get in touch with the repossessed domain team for the past 13 days. i am getting an auto response email suggesting reply with 72 hours. start loosing hope. 

i have owned a domain and missed renewal about 3 weeks ago. spent few hours on call with Godaddy support team and all efforts seem to redirect us to the repossessed domain team, yet not heard from them despite the number of follow up emails. need your help desperately. 

This is the Incident ID: 35695568 Dated April 13th 

This is the Incident ID: 35771860 Dated April 18th 

This is the Incident ID: 35778956 Dated April 21st 

been trying to get in touch with the repossessed domain team for the last 13 days. i am getting an auto response email suggesting reply with 72 hours. start loosing hope. 

i have owned a domain and missed renewal about 3 weeks ago. spent few hours on calls with Godaddy support team and all efforts seem to redirect us to the repossessed domain team, yet not heard from them despite the number of follow up emails. need your help desperately. 

This is the Incident ID: 35695568 Dated April 13th 

This is the Incident ID: 35771860 Dated April 18th 

This is the Incident ID: 35778956 Dated April 21st 

What is the "set duration" that he name is placed on hold before being sold under repossession due to a credit card dispute?