cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Simple DNS Load Balancing

So I have my private little test name server at my office  running Bind9 on a Linux host where I have set up a simple DNS load balancing configuration mapping a single A record host name to two IPs. Unfortunately Mr. Go Daddy tells me they can't/don't support this very basic DNS configuration option.
Does anybody out there know if this possible and it was just the Go Daddy support person I was talking to that was uninformed?

Example load balancing A record in Bind9 zone file for reference

lbtest IN A 10.0.244.201
          IN A 10.0.244.101

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Simple DNS Load Balancing

Hi @GerryD1. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The only way you'd be able to do this in our system would be to create multiple A Records that point to the same IP. You wouldn't be able to create a single A Record that points to multiple IPs. This may be possible with a custom DNS system like the one you've set up, but it's not how ours is set up. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Simple DNS Load Balancing

Hi @GerryD1. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The only way you'd be able to do this in our system would be to create multiple A Records that point to the same IP. You wouldn't be able to create a single A Record that points to multiple IPs. This may be possible with a custom DNS system like the one you've set up, but it's not how ours is set up. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post