cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to forward www.domainname.com to www.targetdomain.com

We are forwarding our domainname.com to www.targetdomain.com which works well. But when our users enter www.domainname.com it does not forward it to our www.targetdomain.com, the browser indicates it cannot even reach the www.domainname.com which like its not even registered. Do we need to explicitly create a subdomain for www? Please advised,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Unable to forward www.domainname.com to www.targetdomain.com

You should only need to create one forward @aerinet? You can only forward a domain once. Check out Forward a Domain, you can use www for forwarding or you don't have to. At any rate you'll want the www pointing to your @. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Unable to forward www.domainname.com to www.targetdomain.com

You should only need to create one forward @aerinet? You can only forward a domain once. Check out Forward a Domain, you can use www for forwarding or you don't have to. At any rate you'll want the www pointing to your @. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post