cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

WHOis registrant info missing

I own domains currently registered with GoDaddy. I never set up hosting. However, the Whois look-up does not show my name for these domains. Can you tell me why this would be? There is no privacy option included with those domains. This is VERY strange. I have contacted support via Chat and email and got no help. So I am beginning to transfer my domains to another registrar unless someone explain this issue.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Depending on when and where you registered your domains, they may be covered by the new GDPR privacy rules. In which case the whois is partially hidden for your privacy without having needed to purchase any privacy for the domains. You can check if your region is affected HERE

Heather L- GoDaddy | Advanced Technical Support | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

I don't think I am seeing a solution. My region is not covered by GDPR privacy. After spending over an hour with two Godaddy chat sessions over two days ... I was eventually told that ICANN provided privacy when I registered the domain. The thing is, privacy is normally something you have to pay for. I never paid for privacy because I don't want privacy! No doubt I'll have to spend another hour trying to remove privacy! Sheesh!  This is really stupid.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I

@Gcoxusa 

Can you clarify -- is there no name at all -- or someone else's?  Can you provide an example so we can see what you are seeing?  What exactly did support tell you?

More info will help us to understand and possibly clarify what is going on. 😉

Judith
"Broken crayons still color." Anon

Okay ... I tried to reply with a cut/paste of what I am seeing but it gets marked as SPAM. So I'll try a screenshot. And to answer your other question ... after 30 minutes on Chat - support said they were looking into it. I offered to send a screenshot and was given the email at: pasigodla1086 at godaddy.com That was yesterday - still have not heard back. However, I will look into solutions from other replies.

Gcoxusa_0-1585239442202.png

Depending on when and where you registered your domains, they may be covered by the new GDPR privacy rules. In which case the whois is partially hidden for your privacy without having needed to purchase any privacy for the domains. You can check if your region is affected HERE

Heather L- GoDaddy | Advanced Technical Support | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I don't think I am seeing a solution. My region is not covered by GDPR privacy. After spending over an hour with two Godaddy chat sessions over two days ... I was eventually told that ICANN provided privacy when I registered the domain. The thing is, privacy is normally something you have to pay for. I never paid for privacy because I don't want privacy! No doubt I'll have to spend another hour trying to remove privacy! Sheesh!  This is really stupid.

You still have to register your domains, even though you purchased them from GoDaddy. They have a spot where you can put your domains and then they will ask for the name for the owner. Just register them there. It shouldn't cost you anything. 

Robert Jamieson/YAHOO.MAIL